The MT-07 Forum

Basic suspension knowledge videos

hamster

hugson2wheels

Heya hamster..... Links are not working.

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member

Works for me.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

hugson2wheels
Works for me.
Must be my Tapatalk app ?

Thanks a lot for the videos; I haven't found many "basics" suspension videos, and it's great to have someone go over the fundamentals. (I for one never actually thought about the kinetic energy being released as heat before, but it makes perfect sense.)

A couple questions came up for me from the vids: in the first when he's talking about the high speed and the low speed adjusters--I don't quite follow how low speed compression impacts grip between the tire and the tarmac. Anyone with a shock with those adjusters speak on that further?

Similarly, in the second video he mentions swapping out the knobbies on the Africa twin to sport tires and then says give it more damping because the tires have more grip. I understand raising the tail so the steering angle is sharper and the thus the bike is faster to turn. But I don't grasp how that is the same as increasing the damping. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for starting this thread. Don't know Nitron but I will look into their stuff.

It didn't work for me on tapatalk either but on the regular internet navigator yep!

Safe riding!

hugson2wheels

Yeah bro... Tapatalk is totally Fed up since their latest update. I see it now. ?

Archived