Cruizin

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

WankyMcTugger

I got a call from the dealer yesterday letting me know that my bike will be leaving Japan on the 17th, and will be expected here by the end of the month.

In preparation, in addition to the akra ti system i've bought so far, today I purchased a ftecu flash kit and an e-tune from 2wdw. Hopefully I'll have the kit before the end of the month so I can flash the bike and break it in on the 2wdw tune rather than the stock lean tune.

https://ftecu.com/shop/2015-yamaha-fz-mt07-data-link-ecu-flashing-kits/

Edited by WankyMcTugger
  • Like 1

Zephyr
2 hours ago, fzar said:

Not to be a killjoy!! But you could have bought these:

Bohn-Body-Armor-Adventure-Pants-Black-Fr
WWW.BOHNARMOR.COM

Removable, CE Level 1 armor offers 9-point protection (tailbone, hips, thighs, knees and shins) 100% breathable 5.14 oz Lycra fabric Soft, stretchy and comfortable Convenient ankle zippers—easy...

and if your an AMA member you could get 10% off with a coupon they provide. Just saying, half the priced/or more. you maybe able to cancel your other order and order these if its something you'd prefer to do. Alleviate the restocking angst,!! Iv'e heard great things about them from a friend who rides 365 days a year. I don't know, It's just a suggestion. @Zephyr

Thanks for the suggestion.  Those look better than a lot that I've seen.  The big draw for me to get the Bowtex is that they are breathable, have similar slide protection as kevlar and also have impact protection.  I am paying a lot for the "breathable" slide protection of dyneema though.  I don't want to trust spandex to keep me pads, etc in place during a slide.  just my 0.02.  I figure for the cost of a good pair of riding jeans, this will allow me a good deal of savings in the long run by allowing for "of the shelf" pants purchasing.  I'll be adding the bohn armor to my favorites "just in case".  👊

• Like 1

fzar

There's a 15% off scrolling across the top of the screen in the link I put up @Zephyr

Beemer
10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Those look better than a lot that I've seen.  The big draw for me to get the Bowtex is that they are breathable, have similar slide protection as kevlar and also have impact protection.  I am paying a lot for the "breathable" slide protection of dyneema though.  I don't want to trust spandex to keep me pads, etc in place during a slide.  just my 0.02.  I figure for the cost of a good pair of riding jeans, this will allow me a good deal of savings in the long run by allowing for "of the shelf" pants purchasing.  I'll be adding the bohn armor to my favorites "just in case".  👊

Word of mention about so called, "breathable materials", I have some Bohn Armor pants and shirt that are nylon and they're also touted as being breathable and "cool". From my experience with them I did have a good sense of protection, I'm not challenging that but I will say is that when the temperature is up in the high 80's, 90's and triple digits an extra layer of anything only makes it hotter. I've tried them with mesh pants and they only helped in the areas like the shins that were directly facing the wind. Otherwise, the air just passes over them with no effect, like how your back doesn't get direct air and always feels hotter than the front.

I'm not saying don't buy them, I'm just saying what to expect in warmer weather with those on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zephyr

Well F-Me.  The "out of stock" Bowtex leggings showed up today.  Boy was I surprised and thankful that my wife was home sick to take delivery.  Unfortunately after showering and opening the package like a giddy school boy , I found out that sizing guides for our friends across the pond are useless as well.  The sizing guide put me at a 3XL, so I ordered down a size to a 2XL.  Which to my chagrin were a bit too big and had an inseam cut for a pro basketball player!  I will be sending them back and hopefully getting a size XL.  I suppose if the XL are too big (only size in stock between L/XL) then I'll have wasted a good chunk of money in return shipping costs.  I will however give credit to their shipping, though expensive, it got here rather quick.

njdevils1990

Got a Rammount phone mount for the bike yesterday, an Alpinestars Drystar jacket, also ordering some heated glove liners and hand guards today.

ram_mounts_double_socket_arm.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The RAM Mounts Double Socket Arm is available in several...
ram_mounts_u_bolt_base_black_aluminum.jp
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The RAM Mount U-Bolt Handlebar Base is a no...
ram_mounts_universal_x_grip_iv_cell_phon
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The X-Grip mount is designed to hold devices that are larger...

alpinestars_jacket_andes.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Standing on the summit of the original Andes, the Alpinestars...

rps20190217_125621.jpg

Edited by njdevils1990

Cruizin
13 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

Got a Rammount phone mount for the bike yesterday, an Alpinestars Drystar jacket, also ordering some heated glove liners and hand guards today.

rps20190217_125621.jpg

Got a link for those?  Sorry, rules of the thread, as stated in the big red letters in the title of this thread. This thread is so others can get the same great deal that you found. 

• Like 1

botticelli

Anger GT tires, and some tasty new engine covers!

Cruizin
15 minutes ago, botticelli said:

Anger GT tires, and some tasty new engine covers!

Got a link? 

7fold
On 2/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Zephyr said:

+1 on the Bohn armor, especially for the female riders out there. My girlfriend and I were having a hard time finding pants for her that offered good protection and fit. She's got some serious calf muscles and was having a hard time finding pants to fit (most female pants are skinny fit) over her legs and under her boots. Anything that went over was way too loose to keep armor in place. The Bohn armor is a snug fit that fits under her boots and lets her put on whatever pair of riding pants over them just for abrasion protection now that the armored parts are taken care of and secured.

• Thanks 1