The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

WankyMcTugger

I got a call from the dealer yesterday letting me know that my bike will be leaving Japan on the 17th, and will be expected here by the end of the month.

In preparation, in addition to the akra ti system i've bought so far, today I purchased a ftecu flash kit and an e-tune from 2wdw. Hopefully I'll have the kit before the end of the month so I can flash the bike and break it in on the 2wdw tune rather than the stock lean tune.

https://ftecu.com/shop/2015-yamaha-fz-mt07-data-link-ecu-flashing-kits/

Edited by WankyMcTugger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fzar said:

Not to be a killjoy!! But you could have bought these:

Bohn-Body-Armor-Adventure-Pants-Black-Fr
WWW.BOHNARMOR.COM

Removable, CE Level 1 armor offers 9-point protection (tailbone, hips, thighs, knees and shins) 100% breathable 5.14 oz Lycra fabric Soft, stretchy and comfortable Convenient ankle zippers—easy...

and if your an AMA member you could get 10% off with a coupon they provide. Just saying, half the priced/or more. you maybe able to cancel your other order and order these if its something you'd prefer to do. Alleviate the restocking angst,!! Iv'e heard great things about them from a friend who rides 365 days a year. I don't know, It's just a suggestion. @Zephyr

Thanks for the suggestion.  Those look better than a lot that I've seen.  The big draw for me to get the Bowtex is that they are breathable, have similar slide protection as kevlar and also have impact protection.  I am paying a lot for the "breathable" slide protection of dyneema though.  I don't want to trust spandex to keep me pads, etc in place during a slide.  just my 0.02.  I figure for the cost of a good pair of riding jeans, this will allow me a good deal of savings in the long run by allowing for "of the shelf" pants purchasing.  I'll be adding the bohn armor to my favorites "just in case".  👊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Those look better than a lot that I've seen.  The big draw for me to get the Bowtex is that they are breathable, have similar slide protection as kevlar and also have impact protection.  I am paying a lot for the "breathable" slide protection of dyneema though.  I don't want to trust spandex to keep me pads, etc in place during a slide.  just my 0.02.  I figure for the cost of a good pair of riding jeans, this will allow me a good deal of savings in the long run by allowing for "of the shelf" pants purchasing.  I'll be adding the bohn armor to my favorites "just in case".  👊

Word of mention about so called, "breathable materials", I have some Bohn Armor pants and shirt that are nylon and they're also touted as being breathable and "cool". From my experience with them I did have a good sense of protection, I'm not challenging that but I will say is that when the temperature is up in the high 80's, 90's and triple digits an extra layer of anything only makes it hotter. I've tried them with mesh pants and they only helped in the areas like the shins that were directly facing the wind. Otherwise, the air just passes over them with no effect, like how your back doesn't get direct air and always feels hotter than the front.

I'm not saying don't buy them, I'm just saying what to expect in warmer weather with those on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beemer

Well F-Me.  The "out of stock" Bowtex leggings showed up today.  Boy was I surprised and thankful that my wife was home sick to take delivery.  Unfortunately after showering and opening the package like a giddy school boy , I found out that sizing guides for our friends across the pond are useless as well.  The sizing guide put me at a 3XL, so I ordered down a size to a 2XL.  Which to my chagrin were a bit too big and had an inseam cut for a pro basketball player!  I will be sending them back and hopefully getting a size XL.  I suppose if the XL are too big (only size in stock between L/XL) then I'll have wasted a good chunk of money in return shipping costs.  I will however give credit to their shipping, though expensive, it got here rather quick.

Got a Rammount phone mount for the bike yesterday, an Alpinestars Drystar jacket, also ordering some heated glove liners and hand guards today.

ram_mounts_double_socket_arm.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The RAM Mounts Double Socket Arm is available in several...
ram_mounts_u_bolt_base_black_aluminum.jp
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The RAM Mount U-Bolt Handlebar Base is a no...
ram_mounts_universal_x_grip_iv_cell_phon
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The X-Grip mount is designed to hold devices that are larger...

alpinestars_jacket_andes.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Standing on the summit of the original Andes, the Alpinestars...

rps20190217_125621.jpg

Edited by njdevils1990

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

13 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

Got a Rammount phone mount for the bike yesterday, an Alpinestars Drystar jacket, also ordering some heated glove liners and hand guards today.

rps20190217_125621.jpg

Got a link for those?  Sorry, rules of the thread, as stated in the big red letters in the title of this thread. This thread is so others can get the same great deal that you found. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Zephyr said:

+1 on the Bohn armor, especially for the female riders out there. My girlfriend and I were having a hard time finding pants for her that offered good protection and fit. She's got some serious calf muscles and was having a hard time finding pants to fit (most female pants are skinny fit) over her legs and under her boots. Anything that went over was way too loose to keep armor in place. The Bohn armor is a snug fit that fits under her boots and lets her put on whatever pair of riding pants over them just for abrasion protection now that the armored parts are taken care of and secured.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
WankyMcTugger

I got a few things. I found that my ram mount doesn't have a place to go on the handlebars. There doesn't seem to be enough free space to squeeze it in anywhere, so I got this to try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TT8BK/

I also got a tail bag because I'm tired of carrying a backpack around. It's Amazonbasics brand. Crazy how much stuff Amazon makes these days. At $35 I figured I'd try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9HXSXD

I also got this to try to get just a little wind off me on the freeway in a full tuck. It's short, so I'm not sure how much it'll help, but a taller one I was looking at had a review saying that it causes a wobble at higher speeds, so I figured I'd try this one.

puig_windshield_new_gen_sport_yamaha_mt0
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The elegantly minimalist Naked New Generation Windscreen improves rider aerodynamics without upsetting the raw aesthetic of your naked sport bike.

42 minutes ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I got a few things. I found that my ram mount doesn't have a place to go on the handlebars. There doesn't seem to be enough free space to squeeze it in anywhere, so I got this to try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TT8BK/

I also got a tail bag because I'm tired of carrying a backpack around. It's Amazonbasics brand. Crazy how much stuff Amazon makes these days. At $35 I figured I'd try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9HXSXD

I also got this to try to get just a little wind off me on the freeway in a full tuck. It's short, so I'm not sure how much it'll help, but a taller one I was looking at had a review saying that it causes a wobble at higher speeds, so I figured I'd try this one.

puig_windshield_new_gen_sport_yamaha_mt0
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The elegantly minimalist Naked New Generation Windscreen improves rider aerodynamics without upsetting the raw aesthetic of your naked sport bike.

Good that you got some things that make you happy but (brainstorm,  😲 look out!) has anyone wondered just how effective the windscreens they buy really are at highway speed (the speed that seems to be the #1 reason for a screen). I mean, we can listen to manufactures and marketers with their fancy commercials and then there are reviews from real people that seem to be the best source of good, realistic information but what I'd still like to see is unaltered video on wind tunnel tests. You know, the ones with the smoke that allow you to actually see just where the deflected wind is going so that people will have a clear idea of it's performance. No more wondering where the wind is going to hit you. If only all manufacturers would supply such videos with their products. There I go dreaming again. 🤐 😢

• Like 2

Beemer

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, 7fold said:

+1 on the Bohn armor, especially for the female riders out there. My girlfriend and I were having a hard time finding pants for her that offered good protection and fit. She's got some serious calf muscles and was having a hard time finding pants to fit (most female pants are skinny fit) over her legs and under her boots. Anything that went over was way too loose to keep armor in place. The Bohn armor is a snug fit that fits under her boots and lets her put on whatever pair of riding pants over them just for abrasion protection now that the armored parts are taken care of and secured.

I think that Kevlar jeans and Bohn Armor pants make for a nice combination towards protection.

Beemer

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Beemer said:

Good that you got some things that make you happy but (brainstorm,  😲 look out!) has anyone wondered just how effective the windscreens they buy really are at highway speed (the speed that seems to be the #1 reason for a screen). I mean, we can listen to manufactures and marketers with their fancy commercials and then there are reviews from real people that seem to be the best source of good, realistic information but what I'd still like to see is unaltered video on wind tunnel tests. You know, the ones with the smoke that allow you to actually see just where the deflected wind is going so that people will have a clear idea of it's performance. No more wondering where the wind is going to hit you. If only all manufacturers would supply such videos with their products. There I go dreaming again. 🤐 😢

I agree, I see some manufacturers showing a cartoon like image of the wind deflection, then proceed to say its wind tunnel tested. Show me then!! I mean in this day and age if my daughter can video tape something on her phone, I'm sure these trusty engineering people over at (Puig,MRA,V-Stream) etc. can surely prove their findings! NO? Am I a little too abrasive? GOOD.

2 hours ago, fzar said:

I agree, I see some manufacturers showing a cartoon like image of the wind deflection, then proceed to say its wind tunnel tested. Show me then!! I mean in this day and age if my daughter can video tape something on her phone, I'm sure these trusty engineering people over at (Puig,MRA,V-Stream) etc. can surely prove their findings! NO? Am I a little too abrasive? GOOD.

My god man, how could you possibly expect so little so that they could gain so much? You're a monster! lol! I agree totally, what have they got to hide if it's soooo good? 

Beemer

14 minutes ago, WankyMcTugger said:

Bought one of these today in Light Grey, which matches the bike's tank fairly well.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-rf-1200-helmet-solid

Let me know how you like the helmet with your Puig screen. I have a Shoei GT Air and with the Yamaha Sportscreen (similar to the Puig) I get a terrible noise in the helmet from the turbulent wind. 

• Like 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

I ordered a set of mirror extenders, a cable luber and cable lube.

e2fbe157fa316613537dbe33f404c79a.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the BikeMaster Mirror Extensions at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

08-0182.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the Motion Pro Cable Luber - 08-0182 at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

36070019.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the Moose Cable Life Cleaner/Lubricant at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

5 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

I ordered a set of mirror extenders, a cable luber and cable lube.

e2fbe157fa316613537dbe33f404c79a.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the BikeMaster Mirror Extensions at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

08-0182.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the Motion Pro Cable Luber - 08-0182 at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

36070019.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the Moose Cable Life Cleaner/Lubricant at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

I have the same set of mirror extensions......they work perfect

You do need the Yamaha version though (one is a left hand thread), as you know. 

Just do it! 

NRWhiteKnight

I got this in today (there is no red stitching on these seats, it is a dark grey color):

EFlTcqDXyyCmPLtapMiuzAkZDLaXIrhjMMOspAIl
WWW.SHOPYAMAHA.COM

and this should be here Saturday:

woodcraft_complete_rearset_kit_yamaha_fz
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Woodcraft’s Kits support both standard and GP shift. They feature an easily repairable 3-piece design that lends itself well to track side repairs.

• Like 1

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, robbo10 said:

You do need the Yamaha version though (one is a left hand thread), as you know. 

I ordered the Yamaha Black version--I hope that's what they mail out to me. 🤞

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

On 3/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, NRWhiteKnight said:

I got this in today (there is no red stitching on these seats, it is a dark grey color):

EFlTcqDXyyCmPLtapMiuzAkZDLaXIrhjMMOspAIl
WWW.SHOPYAMAHA.COM

and this should be here Saturday:

woodcraft_complete_rearset_kit_yamaha_fz
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Woodcraft’s Kits support both standard and GP shift. They feature an easily repairable 3-piece design that lends itself well to track side repairs.

Those are sweet rearsets