The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

8 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Can't find out how to edit the post so I'll just add the links here. 

2018 MT07 TST integrated tail light:

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Integrated-Tail-Light-Yamaha-MT-07-2018-.html

Proton 500 flush mounts for FZ07:

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/Proton500/yamaha.html

The LED flasher relay I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RM26LXO

I also bought these OEM connectors to install the protons without cutting the stock harness:

https://www.customled.com/products/yamaha-oem-turn-signal-connectors-3-wire

I recently purchased and installed the proton 500 on mine, and it came with the OEM connectors on it already

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Liquidmetal said:

Ordered an Ermax 39cm windscreen for the FZ this morning from Motomachines: https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-nose-screen-39cm-for-yamaha-fz-07.html

Currently have a MRA Double Bubble windscreen on the bike and I like it fine, does everything I expect it to do and looks pretty good doing it.  Was wanting to try a different look, which is why I chose the Ermax screen.  Slightly larger than the MRA (33cm) and I ordered it in red (FZ is rapid red).  Whereas the dark smoke MRA does a pretty good job of blending in with the headlight and handlebar assemblies of the bike, the red Ermax will be much more pronounced on the bike.  Time will tell if I like the look or not.

Thought about painting the MRA to achieve the same look, but decided to keep it original so I can swap back to it if I feel so inclined.

That's going to look hot! Good choice!

Beemer

@208MT07

With other peoples posts @ bottom left of the post, next to a + sign, you'll notice in blue letters, "quote".  With posts of your own (in the same spot) you'll notice edit in blue letters in between the words quote and options. Click edit and edit. I hope that helps.

Beemer

On 8/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, Liquidmetal said:

Ordered an Ermax 39cm windscreen for the FZ this morning from Motomachines: https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-nose-screen-39cm-for-yamaha-fz-07.html

Currently have a MRA Double Bubble windscreen on the bike and I like it fine, does everything I expect it to do and looks pretty good doing it.  Was wanting to try a different look, which is why I chose the Ermax screen.  Slightly larger than the MRA (33cm) and I ordered it in red (FZ is rapid red).  Whereas the dark smoke MRA does a pretty good job of blending in with the headlight and handlebar assemblies of the bike, the red Ermax will be much more pronounced on the bike.  Time will tell if I like the look or not.

Thought about painting the MRA to achieve the same look, but decided to keep it original so I can swap back to it if I feel so inclined.

Post pics.. Bout to pick up a Ermax also, didn't think of getting it in red. Curious how it looks.

Couldn't do the R1...but loved the idea of the Yamaha Quick shifter for Fz09....Giddy up !!

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/motorcycle/moreinfo.php?currentPage=1&ID=872&shopcat=accessories&Class=Sport Bike&Year=2017&Model=FZ-09

Also bought the PDF Service manual download for 50 bucks Canadian...way better than the paper one at 3X the price here in Canada...as Yamaha US will not sell a manual to Canada...must be a Trump thingy...lol

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/motorcycle/moreinfo.php?currentPage=1&ID=45&shopcat=shop&Class=Sport Bike&Year=2017&Model=FZ-09

Edited by Yamaholic
error....sorry guys ...fourm hoping....I should have posted this in Fz09 fourm

• Global Moderator

I ordered a new front fender ($41.02 from yamahapartshouse.com).  It shipped today, so I should be seeing it soon.  I got fed up of looking at the stain from the brake fluid I spilled on the old one. 

Fitted a Bruudt ball mount to fit a phone/nav Ram type mount in front of the instrument cluster. I wasn't happy with my existing mount on the handlebar.

Really happy with the Bruudt setup, available from their website and eBay:

https://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product_info.php?language=en&info=p261_bruudt-navigation-mounting-ball-for-the-yamaha-mt-07.html

20180916_105206.jpg

20180916_105234.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Liquidmetal said:

Have you received the windscreen yet? Please put up pics of it on the bike when you get it installed, I really want to see how it looks, thanks!

Beemer

• Global Moderator
17 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

I bought spiegler break lines and they arrived today 😁

Be careful with the brake fluid when you change them.  It will stain the plastic pieces if it gets spilled on them.  I just got a new front fender today because the brake fluid stain was annoying me.  I managed to install my Spiegler lines without a problem but then made a mess when I was replacing the fluid last time. 

55 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Be careful with the brake fluid when you change them.  It will stain the plastic pieces if it gets spilled on them.  I just got a new front fender today because the brake fluid stain was annoying me.  I managed to install my Spiegler lines without a problem but then made a mess when I was replacing the fluid last time. 

I should probably remove the front fender before the installation then

• Global Moderator
6 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

I should probably remove the front fender before the installation then

Or cover it with a plastic garbage bag.  Have some water and cloths ready to clean it as soon as you see any spills.  I may have not noticed it for a while.  The thing that got me was pumping the brake with the top off the reservoir...it tends to shoot fluid up and out when you do that. 

• Premium Member

Has anyone else considered using absorbent "Puppy Pads" to protect surfaces? Using them with the waterproof side against the painted surface and the absorbent side to catch any drips.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Hit up @bellissimoto and purchased these puppies. Got them for my scrambler too. Took me way too long to finally get them. 

Untitled_5dce4a31-bbe5-4f0f-aae7-71ae58f0590c-600x600.jpg.e4861ffd6910f5ae11281d37d884554c.jpg

• Like 3

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

12 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

I will eventually get these

Just so you know, you can also get much cheaper axle sliders that will also accept a rear stand.

1.png.c919bae77bd541b32e7e1bbe5a31002e.png

32 minutes ago, stickshift said:

Just so you know, you can also get much cheaper axle sliders that will also accept a rear stand.

1.png.c919bae77bd541b32e7e1bbe5a31002e.png

The one in this picture are the ones I currently have

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

The one in this picture are the ones I currently have

Same here. What these don't allow you to do is actually adjust your chain. They're just sliders for protection and to do quick chain cleaning/lubing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, motomeek said:

Same here. What these don't allow you to do is actually adjust your chain. They're just sliders for protection and to do quick chain cleaning/lubing. 

They also prevent rear wheel removal during use.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
On 9/19/2018 at 10:10 AM, motomeek said:

Hit up @bellissimoto and purchased these puppies. Got them for my scrambler too. Took me way too long to finally get them. 

Untitled_5dce4a31-bbe5-4f0f-aae7-71ae58f0590c-600x600.jpg.e4861ffd6910f5ae11281d37d884554c.jpg

smart move meek
they make it soooo easy to adjust the chain...
though when you go to install them, make sure the retention clips are on the back of the adjuster nut.... i skipped that step and had to take em off again to put it on. 
luckily i had @pgeldz helpin me

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, DewMan said:

They also prevent rear wheel removal during use.

Haha, exactly. I just... don't do that... by myself anyways. 

5 hours ago, sorkyah said:

smart move meek
they make it soooo easy to adjust the chain...
though when you go to install them, make sure the retention clips are on the back of the adjuster nut.... i skipped that step and had to take em off again to put it on. 
luckily i had @pgeldz helpin me

And good to know! Thanks for the head's up!

• 2 months later...

Just purchased a mail in ECU Flash from 2WDW using their Black Friday coupon. Really looking forward to the flash next spring when I'll be able to ride again. 

• Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayMT07 said:

Just purchased a mail in ECU Flash from 2WDW using their Black Friday coupon. Really looking forward to the flash next spring when I'll be able to ride again. 

You won't wait that long, trust me.

bartman5impson
2 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

I want one so bad but I already got an EJK that I paid $250 for. The EJK works great at nearly eliminating decel popping but my bike still has a very abrupt throttle.