The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

1 hour ago, Liquidmetal said:

Ordered a new helmet today.  Been wanting to try a dual sport helmet.

https://www.denniskirk.com/afx/matte-beige-khaki-neon-green-fx-41-ds-eiger-helmet.p3310148.prd/3310148L.sku

Good luck with the wind pulling up on the bill. At speeds under 55 mine is fine but over that I'm fighting with it. I don't wear mine at all now, it just wears me out and distracts too much. Maybe some day I'll use the ol' Dremel on the bill and allow some more air to flow through it.

Beemer

Liquidmetal
30 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Good luck with the wind pulling up on the bill. At speeds under 55 mine is fine but over that I'm fighting with it. I don't wear mine at all now, it just wears me out and distracts too much. Maybe some day I'll use the ol' Dremel on the bill and allow some more air to flow through it.

If nothing else it will be my "in town" helmet.  I have 3 other helmets for highway duty if necessary.  I like having different helmets for different occasions/moods.

• Like 2

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

12 hours ago, Liquidmetal said:

If nothing else it will be my "in town" helmet.  I have 3 other helmets for highway duty if necessary.  I like having different helmets for different occasions/moods.

Funny, that's what I called mine after the wind problems with it. Other than the wind I love the thing, it's super light, has great visibility, is well ventilated and not to mention, it also looks pretty cool, too. I think you'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered an Ermax 39cm windscreen for the FZ this morning from Motomachines: https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-nose-screen-39cm-for-yamaha-fz-07.html

Currently have a MRA Double Bubble windscreen on the bike and I like it fine, does everything I expect it to do and looks pretty good doing it.  Was wanting to try a different look, which is why I chose the Ermax screen.  Slightly larger than the MRA (33cm) and I ordered it in red (FZ is rapid red).  Whereas the dark smoke MRA does a pretty good job of blending in with the headlight and handlebar assemblies of the bike, the red Ermax will be much more pronounced on the bike.  Time will tell if I like the look or not.

Thought about painting the MRA to achieve the same look, but decided to keep it original so I can swap back to it if I feel so inclined.

• Like 1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ordered some TST MECH-GTR front LEDs and a relay off their site. Once they come out with their integrated tail light for the 2018s I'll grab one to complete the lights. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

4 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

Ordered some TST MECH-GTR front LEDs and a relay off their site. Once they come out with their integrated tail light for the 2018s I'll grab one to complete the lights. 

I'm curious what you think of them. I also installed these but feel they lack significanty in brightness to the sides. Coming from Proton 500's (that I have subsequently reinstalled) I was disappointed. Hope you find them to meet your expectations!

Edited by mick97702
Spelling error

23 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

I'm curious what you think of them. I also installed these but feel they lack significanty in brightness to the sides. Coming from Proton 500's (that I have subsequently reinstalled) I was disappointed. Hope you find them to meet your expectations!

I should have them in a few weeks. I'll report back then. 

I've only seen two other members on this site using the MECH-GTR in my search. You're now the third. I'll be sure to check out the brightness from the side. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayMT07 said:

I should have them in a few weeks. I'll report back then. 

I've only seen two other members on this site using the MECH-GTR in my search. You're now the third. I'll be sure to check out the brightness from the side. 

If the Mech-GTR doesn't suit your needs I can vouch for the TST flush mounts on the 2018. You don't even notice them when they are off but when they're on, plenty bright all around. The stock radiator guard does comes out maybe half an inch along the front of the indicator only. Not enough to block the light when viewed directly from the front though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RRR said:

If the Mech-GTR doesn't suit your needs I can vouch for the TST flush mounts on the 2018. You don't even notice them when they are off but when they're on, plenty bright all around. The stock radiator guard does comes out maybe half an inch along the front of the indicator only. Not enough to block the light when viewed directly from the front though. 

That's good to know. I thought the radiator guard would have blocked them almost completely. Do you have any pics?

59 minutes ago, JayMT07 said:

That's good to know. I thought the radiator guard would have blocked them almost completely. Do you have any pics?

Nothing with the indicators running but am chucking on an R6 TT this weekend so will get some pics then. TST site only shows them on 2017 and older

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Front-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-Yamaha.html

Some Rubber mounts, like the ones supplied with the indicators could be used to have the indicators clear of the guard, or you could grab an SS side guard from Yamaha and you wouldn't need any additional clearance as it seems to hug the radiator closer than stock

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/kv/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-07.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=B4C-FRSCV-00-00&year=2018

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

Ended up putting on TT last night. Grabbed a few pics of flush mounts to show clearance of radiator guard

IMG_7573.thumb.jpg.7c69bc8fc82c3c4c3c4f7c2323949048.jpg

IMG_7571.thumb.jpg.de82923d22bd104d7988587443009c64.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RRR said:

Ended up putting on TT last night. Grabbed a few pics of flush mounts to show clearance of radiator guard

Thanks for posting those. They look pretty good and stick out further than I thought. 

Just now, JayMT07 said:

Thanks for posting those. They look pretty good and stick out further than I thought. 

Yeah mate. Not too much, just enough, which is what I was after

@mick97702

Installed the MECH-GTRs with relay today. They look amazing design wise. Brightness from the sides is a bit dim, head on they seem bright enough. The DRLs aren't visible from the front, so essentially useless. Install was easy but I'm not sold on the ratchet backing design. I'd much prefer something a bit more secure. 

I do have a set of TST flushmounts on the way. I'm going to try these on the rear by swapping the brackets on the Yoshi FE from one side to another. I should have enough wire length. 

Here's a pic with the hazard lights on in the sun. 

IMG_1096.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayMT07 said:

@mick97702

Installed the MECH-GTRs with relay today. They look amazing design wise. Brightness from the sides is a bit dim, head on they seem bright enough. The DRLs aren't visible from the front, so essentially useless. Install was easy but I'm not sold on the ratchet backing design. I'd much prefer something a bit more secure. 

I do have a set of TST flushmounts on the way. I'm going to try these on the rear by swapping the brackets on the Yoshi FE from one side to another. I should have enough wire length. 

Here's a pic with the hazard lights on in the sun. 

IMG_1096.JPG

I think you'll be much happier with he flush mount.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered some Proton 500s on Friday. If I'm lucky, the Protons, my LED relay, and my TST integrated tail will all be here by next weekend and I can get them all installed. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Ordered some Proton 500s on Friday. If I'm lucky, the Protons, my LED relay, and my TST integrated tail will all be here by next weekend and I can get them all installed. 

Looking forward to seeing pics in daylight of the clear integrated tail light. I have the smoked version on the way. I'll post pics when I receive it. 

33 minutes ago, JayMT07 said:

Looking forward to seeing pics in daylight of the clear integrated tail light. I have the smoked version on the way. I'll post pics when I receive it. 

Same. I think the smoked would look better on mine being the black and matte grey but I wasnt sure how much the smoked lens would cut down on the output so went with clear to be safe. 

Edited by 208MT07
  • Like 1

I ordered the clear Puig windshield In clear. My bike is black and Matt gray. I Need to cut the wind on Highway a bit. I thought the clear Vs. the tinted version would help keep the naked look from a distance. We’ll see...

22 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Please post a link, its the rules of this thread so others can get the same deal. 

2 hours ago, Sonichives said:

I ordered the clear Puig windshield In clear. My bike is black and Matt gray. I Need to cut the wind on Highway a bit. I thought the clear Vs. the tinted version would help keep the naked look from a distance. We’ll see...

Please post a link, its the rules of this thread so that others can get the same deal

22 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

41 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Please post a link, its the rules of this thread so others can get the same deal. 

Can't find out how to edit the post so I'll just add the links here. 

2018 MT07 TST integrated tail light:

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Integrated-Tail-Light-Yamaha-MT-07-2018-.html

Proton 500 flush mounts for FZ07:

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/Proton500/yamaha.html

The LED flasher relay I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RM26LXO

I also bought these OEM connectors to install the protons without cutting the stock harness:

https://www.customled.com/products/yamaha-oem-turn-signal-connectors-3-wire

Edited by 208MT07
  • Thanks 1