The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Just now, Cruizin said:

Cycle gear or somewhere else? 

Yeah, Cycle Gear. I've bought my helmet, jacket, and both sets of gloves from there. Nice and convenient when it's less than a 10 minute drive from me. 

• Like 1

Just now, 208MT07 said:

Yeah, Cycle Gear. I've bought my helmet, jacket, and both sets of gloves from there. Nice and convenient when it's less than a 10 minute drive from me. 

We shop at the same one on Fairview. Its also ten minutes from my house.  

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, 208MT07 said:

Bought last weekend but haven't been on here for a bit. Picked up some new gloves, old ones were trashed. 

yYOLad6h.jpg

I havee the older version of these.  Fantastic hot weather glove!

Liquidmetal
5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Can you measure the flat of the lever where the logo is out to the end when you get them?  I'm looking for a shorter brake lever than what I've got.  Much obliged.

I can do that.  I have some doubt that they are what you are looking for.  One of the main reasons I bought them is that a few of the reviewers said that they were slightly longer than your typical shorties.  That is what I was looking for.

Edited by Liquidmetal
typo
  • Thanks 1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Liquidmetal
On 7/11/2018 at 3:43 AM, Zephyr said:

Can you measure the flat of the lever where the logo is out to the end when you get them?  I'm looking for a shorter brake lever than what I've got.  Much obliged.

Measured the brake lever.

From the center of the pivot bolt to the end of the lever is 6.25 inches.  Flat logo area is 1.88 inches.  Flat logo area out to the end of the lever is 2.63 inches.

• Thanks 1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

My beloved Kymco Venox 250 (cruiser upon which I enjoyed much cruizin') expired due to gearbox failure. So, I bought my MT-07 a new mate. I said somewhere on here that I liked it - a Honda CMX500 'Rebel'. Nice one.

IMG-20180713-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

Just do it! 

Liquidmetal

Ordered my Shrike low mount bags on Sunday, they get delivered/installed tomorrow.  Really looking forward to it.

It's  been a busy few weeks. 

Ordered some shorty CRG levers from Motostarz.ca. They arrived today but they sent the wrong ones, so back they went. Replacements should be here next week. Can't wait to have adjustable shorty levers again. 

Ordered some Yamaha heated grips off eBay which should be here next week. I've found them cheaper elsewhere but shipping was $40usd.  I really like the integrated look of them. I installed some BikeMasters heated grip on my wife's Rebel 500 and they work really well but I'm not too fussed on the control box. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Universal-Heated-Grip-Heaters-12V-Battery-7-8-Handlebars/162962803097?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

GPBikes is having a helmet sale right now and I scored a Shoei GT Air Pendulum in black/yellow for 25% off. You have to call or email to get the deal as their site doesn't reflect the sale. Really looking forward to this helmet as it'll be a decent upgrade over my Bell Qualifier DLX. The only thing I'll miss is the Transitions visor.

https://gpbikes.com/street/helmets/full-face/shoei-gt-air-pendulum-helmet.html

Other items include some wheel stickers, eBay radiator cover, and coolant reservoir cover. 

Really fighting the the urge to get an Akrapovic exhaust as I want to keep the bike somewhat quiet as I leave for work at 5:30am, but dang it's looks so good. 

Edited by JayMT07
  • Like 2

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Just bought an air rivet gun on amazon for my muffler re-pack job.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQ9H4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll make a before and after video of my exhaust and give a review of the materials and how easy the job was or wasn't. 

If you can make a how-to that would be appreciated.  I am sure there are guys here that could use it sooner or later.  It seems like most aftermarket exhausts need repacking and I know I have no clue how to do it. 

2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

If you can make a how-to that would be appreciated.  I am sure there are guys here that could use it sooner or later.  It seems like most aftermarket exhausts need repacking and I know I have no clue how to do it. 

Np, will do! I've never done it either so I hope I do it right. I don't want to make a screwed up instructional video and have people standing in my yard with torches afterward. 😬 Wish me luck! 🙏

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Np, will do! I've never done it either so I hope I do it right. I don't want to make a screwed up instructional video and have people standing in my yard with torches afterward. 😬 Wish me luck! 🙏

If nothing else you can be a model of what NOT to do. 😂

Let me know if you want some help, not that I've done an akra muffler repack either, but two heads might be better than one. 👍

Edited by DewMan

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

8 minutes ago, DewMan said:

If nothing else you can be a model of what NOT to do. 😂

Let me know if you want some help, not that I've done an akra muffler repack either, but two heads might be better than one. 👍

Ha! Well, they do say that failure is the best teacher and two heads usually do rule. Four hands come in handy at times, too! No AC in the garage but we can always step inside to cool off and drink a cold Mt. Dew. so if you're up to it. This coming week sound good?

• Like 1

Beemer

I once had backfiring which blew the complete contents out of a muffler. Never found the bits. I made a new baffle and end plate and refitted it. Never did the 'repacking' (did not know about it!) and it sounded great.

Just do it! 

Liquidmetal
14 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Did you notice the logo is upside down on that keychain?

I hadn't noticed, which is why I don't care.  Minor thing that is impossible for me to get worked up about.

Then again,maybe the logo is correct and the text is upside down and backwards.  Now I won't sleep tonight...

• Haha 1

Grip puppies (though they are not really necessary - it is my Rebel that needs them)

• Like 2

Just do it! 

5 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

Grip puppies (though they are not really necessary - it is my Rebel that needs them)

I don't miss the vibrations of the Rebel 500. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

1 hour ago, JayMT07 said:

I don't miss the vibrations of the Rebel 500. 

I am not sure why Yam can produce a relatively vibration-free setup and Honda cannot. Perhaps it's because they sawed a car engine in half for the Rebel or summat. Anyway, I digress.

Just do it!