The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2023241647746549&id=134210496649683&fs=1

found out today you can buy some swingarm extensions next week... same conpany thats been building turbo kits and parts for the FZ/MT-09... 

now they just need to build a turbo kit for the little ole FZ/MT-07s 😄...turbo kit in the works soon...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
Bigturbomax

I recently picked up a neilson rigg suction cup tank bag and a go cruise throttle lock. Im loving the added convenience of both. And on thursday j ordered front and rear R3 foot pegs. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

I recently picked up a neilson rigg suction cup tank bag and a go cruise throttle lock. Im loving the added convenience of both. And on thursday j ordered front and rear R3 foot pegs. 

Got links for that stuff? I've been looking into tank bag options lately. Some pics of the bag mounted on your tank would be nice plus how do you like the bag? Thanks!

Beemer

Bigturbomax
On 7/1/2018 at 10:02 AM, Beemer said:

Got links for that stuff? I've been looking into tank bag options lately. Some pics of the bag mounted on your tank would be nice plus how do you like the bag? Thanks!

NEW Go Cruise Throttle Control, 7/8in. Handlebars SPORTBIKE CRUISER MOTORCYCLE | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Go-Cruise-Throttle-Control-7-8in-Handlebars-SPORTBIKE-CRUISER-MOTORCYCLE-/151901936353

Thats the throttle lock. Tank bag unfotunately was a pawn shop find, i dont think the make em anymore. 

Oh and footpegs are stock 2017 R3 ordered from dealer.

20180615_154943-1612x907.jpg

Edited by Bigturbomax
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, Beemer said:
12 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

NEW Go Cruise Throttle Control, 7/8in. Handlebars SPORTBIKE CRUISER MOTORCYCLE | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Go-Cruise-Throttle-Control-7-8in-Handlebars-SPORTBIKE-CRUISER-MOTORCYCLE-/151901936353

Thats the throttle lock. Tank bag unfotunately was a pawn shop find, i dont think the make em anymore. 

Oh and footpegs are stock 2017 R3 ordered from dealer.

20180615_154943-1612x907.jpg

I just bought these on amazon a minute ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Hearing-Protection-MusicSafe-Musicians/dp/B0032BYCWG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1529088075&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=alpine+worksafe+ear+plugs&psc=1

A quick review on them after a couple weeks of use. They are comfortable, easy to clean and although they don't block wind noise completely (they're not made to) they do lower the volume of it as they were designed to do which helps to keep my ears safe. I can hear everything around me much better than the standard ear plugs that block too much sound, IMO, and they're more comfortable not only because of the soft material used but you don't have to bury them deep like with foamies to get them to perform.

it's important to note they come with two different inserts that fit inside the tube of the plug. One insert that blocks noise at a medium level (the one I like best) and another that blocks more sound so in short, you also get some adjustability along with them, unlike most plugs. The storage container is solid and nice to carry in a pocket in case you want to stop somewhere and have a place to put them when you take them out. I wouldn't recommend putting them on your key chain unless you have a way to prevent them from scratching paint & plastic. Take good care of them and they should last a long time. Don't clean them with anything that is going to damage them. Mild soap & water should be fine.

I highly recommend these ear plugs! They're well worth the extra money.

I'm not familiar with the R3 pegs, they must be better to have ordered them but how are they better? Thanks!

Beemer

Bigturbomax
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'm not familiar with the R3 pegs, they must be better to have ordered them but how are they better? Thanks!

Well, better is subjective. More a personal preference. They are simple, light weight foot pegs you normally find on a super sport style bike. No rubber, just little aluminum teeth. Im a mechanic and sometimes slippery stuff ends up on my boots when i leave work so the rubber top pegs are bothersome for me. The R3 ones are a little grippier as a result of the little teeth. Like i said, preference really 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Well, better is subjective. More a personal preference. They are simple, light weight foot pegs you normally find on a super sport style bike. No rubber, just little aluminum teeth. Im a mechanic and sometimes slippery stuff ends up on my boots when i leave work so the rubber top pegs are bothersome for me. The R3 ones are a little grippier as a result of the little teeth. Like i said, preference really 

I checked some out and I agree, teeth are better for gripping. Most dirt bikes I've ridden had the toothy or knurled pegs.

Beemer

Bought last weekend but haven't been on here for a bit. Picked up some new gloves, old ones were trashed. 

yYOLad6h.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a ABBA stand for the MT. I pulled the side plates off and pushed out the little circular covers. I am not going to put the circular covers back on. I think the side plates will look ok without them. That way I don't have to worry about the circular covers loosening up and falling off.
https://abbastandsusa.com/

zz564.jpg

Edited by MT27

Just now, MT27 said:

I bought a ABBA stand for the MT. I pulled the side plates off and pushed out the little circular covers. I am not going to put them back on. That way I don't have to worry about them loosening up and falling off.
https://abbastandsusa.com/

zz564.jpg

You've mentioned the abba stands a few times.  Either you work there or they are that good. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, 5tonfan said:

Replacement bar ends after having to use vice grips when changing the throttle and grips out.

was the 8mm Hex stripped out?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Liquidmetal

Ordered some Vagabond frame sliders for the FZ today.  Be here Monday via Amazon prime.  Gonna bolt them on and hope I never need them.

• Like 2

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

25 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Ordered some Vagabond frame sliders for the FZ today.  Be here Monday via Amazon prime.  Gonna bolt them on and hope I never need them.

Got a link for those? Rule of the forum,  post a link so others can get the same deal that you found 😉

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, Liquidmetal said:

Nice. Have the same sliders. Haven't tested them yet :).

Bigturbomax
On 7/3/2018 at 4:56 PM, Beemer said:

I checked some out and I agree, teeth are better for gripping. Most dirt bikes I've ridden had the toothy or knurled pegs.

Put em on this morning. Perfect fit. SLIGHTLY shorter end to end than stock but hardly noticable in use. Got caught in some pretty good rain this afternoon and they work great! No slippery pegs!

20180707_100554-2016x1134.jpg

• Like 2

My dark smoke shield for my helmet was starting to peel at the bottom after almost 2 years of use, so decided to give the iridescent one a try. 

hZczOrdh.jpg

• Like 1