The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

15 hours ago, squiernut said:

I ordered this today.

image.png.94a268bd8038f56f533c38b175a94a7c.png

Yeah, it's from Aliexpress.  I figured for $140, I'd take a chance.  Honestly tho, I think it's the best looking one out there.  Now, for the (likely) long wait for delivery...  

Let us know what you think of it after you use it awhile. Are you getting a fuel/air controller for it? Un-snorkel?

• Like 1

Beemer

squiernut
47 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Let us know what you think of it after you use it awhile. Are you getting a fuel/air controller for it? Un-snorkel?

👍  I'll give a report when I get it.  Right now I'm just doing the exhaust.  At some point I'm going to send the ECU off for a re-flash.   

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

36 minutes ago, squiernut said:

👍  I'll give a report when I get it.  Right now I'm just doing the exhaust.  At some point I'm going to send the ECU off for a re-flash.   

Is that all stainless? I remember seeing one sometime last year that was all stainless for cheap like that and thought 'maybe not bad for the money'. I'm wondering now if that's the same one, I bet it is. I don't recall seeing another like it for that price. I remember someone saying the welds looked good and someone else maybe saying something about the quality of the hardware but better could be had for cheap at any hardware store. I'm betting you'll get your money's worth out of it and I'm pretty sure you'll like the sound of it over the stock pipe. GL!

Beemer

squiernut
34 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Is that all stainless? I remember seeing one sometime last year that was all stainless for cheap like that and thought 'maybe not bad for the money'. I'm wondering now if that's the same one, I bet it is. I don't recall seeing another like it for that price. I remember someone saying the welds looked good and someone else maybe saying something about the quality of the hardware but better could be had for cheap at any hardware store. I'm betting you'll get your money's worth out of it and I'm pretty sure you'll like the sound of it over the stock pipe. GL!

According to the website, it is all SS. We shall see tho... 😀  

Someone on here bought a similar exhaust from China last year and posted pics.  They were impressed, which is what prompted me to look for one on Aliexpress.  Now, to quote Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
18 hours ago, squiernut said:

I ordered this today.

image.png.94a268bd8038f56f533c38b175a94a7c.png

Yeah, it's from Aliexpress.  I figured for $140, I'd take a chance.  Honestly tho, I think it's the best looking one out there.  Now, for the (likely) long wait for delivery...  

Wow, that looks loud just from the picture.  I am looking forward to a review when you get it installed. 

squiernut
2 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Wow, that looks loud just from the picture.  I am looking forward to a review when you get it installed. 

Lol!  It comes with a db killer, which I'll likely install.  But not before I try it without.  😎

• Like 2

• Premium Member

A neat looking stainless steel magnetic drain plug with the magnet inside the bolt rather than protruding out of the distal threads. Nifty little piece and more importantly it should look less crappy what with corrosion resistance.

https://www.amazon.com/Mag-Plug-Magnetic-Drain-Filter/dp/B01NANQIMI

• Like 2

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Advmgn said:

How do the bags hold rigidity without mounting bars to stop them flapping around under the tail? I'm interested in knowing how it works for you. Give us a review on them, as in the compatibility to our FZ-07's. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Figured Id be kicking myself (and so would my wife) if after looking at puncture kits we got a flat somewhere without a reasonable and efficient way to get back on track.  Perfect tiny size to throw in my tailbag.

https://fortnine.ca/en/stop-go-tubeless-puncture-pilot-kit

Next up, to compile a First Aid Kit.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
6 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Did a thing. Should be a lot nicer than my wireless earbuds lol. Screenshot_20180531-171115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de7479f3816d1798e997c339d759d05c.jpg

Nice, I have the 10-c and its been flawless.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
On 5/31/2018 at 11:43 PM, Ericstraordinary said:

Today I bought some Olympia rain gear:

Olympia Horizon Jacket

Olympia Horizon Pants

I bought the jackets for wife and myself. Only had to use it once and it does its job flawlessly. Nice features/improvements too.

Ericstraordinary
12 minutes ago, Mr.Puss said:

I bought the jackets for wife and myself. Only had to use it once and it does its job flawlessly. Nice features/improvements too.

What sold me on the gear was all of the adjustability and the smart little features they think of. Other jacket-pant combos in the price range had fewer features. I would definitely buy Olympia stuff again. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Ericstraordinary said:

What sold me on the gear was all of the adjustability and the smart little features they think of. Other jacket-pant combos in the price range had fewer features. I would definitely buy Olympia stuff again. 

Yeah I agree 100%,  Im a bit OCD in the "research my gear" dept and I kept coming back to Olympia. They've made some pretty logical/excellent improvements over their previous jacket.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:59 AM, Beemer said:

I know, I know, they're not the best and they're outdated but the last one took me 9k miles before it needed replacing and that's the kind of mileage I want in a tire. The front tire looks barely used after the same mileage. They worked well enough for my type of riding and the roads I ride on so I'll get another for a mere $104.97.

https://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-Roadsmart-55zr17-Rear-Sport/dp/B007GR5K64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528489549&sr=8-1&keywords=Dunlop+Roadsmart+Ii+180%2F55zr17+Rear+Sport+Pn%3A30rs30

• Like 1

Beemer

On 5/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, mjh937 said:

Just posted a review in the "What did you do to your FZ07 today?" thread.  

• Like 1

I just bought these on amazon a minute ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Hearing-Protection-MusicSafe-Musicians/dp/B0032BYCWG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1529088075&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=alpine+worksafe+ear+plugs&psc=1

A quick review on them after a couple weeks of use. They are comfortable, easy to clean and although they don't block wind noise completely (they're not made to) they do lower the volume of it as they were designed to do which helps to keep my ears safe. I can hear everything around me much better than the standard ear plugs that block too much sound, IMO, and they're more comfortable not only because of the soft material used but you don't have to bury them deep like with foamies to get them to perform.

it's important to note they come with two different inserts that fit inside the tube of the plug. One insert that blocks noise at a medium level (the one I like best) and another that blocks more sound so in short, you also get some adjustability along with them, unlike most plugs. The storage container is solid and nice to carry in a pocket in case you want to stop somewhere and have a place to put them when you take them out. I wouldn't recommend putting them on your key chain unless you have a way to prevent them from scratching paint & plastic. Take good care of them and they should last a long time. Don't clean them with anything that is going to damage them. Mild soap & water should be fine.

I highly recommend these ear plugs! They're well worth the extra money.

• Like 1

Beemer

Hi everyone. New here.... because I purchased a new to me FZ 07. Been doing a bit of research to see where I want to go with some mods, but for now of course I got some maintenance items. 

New air filter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XAEBZAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oil filter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JJ3VNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oil, decided for first time ever to go with manufacturer oil just to see how it is... I usually like Motul

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008QS9NEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

New plugs.. these things are ridiculous

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005L0Y3HK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh yah, tail eliminator.. didn't see a reason to pay anymore than this.. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G85IEZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess next are turn/running lights... and the only other thing I have on my mind is an exhaust. I think it is disgusting how expensive they are, even if it isn't a rip-off... so much money!

Edited by GEVO
  • Like 1

Me arse got sore riding the fence so I hopped off and bought something every cook should have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y1RNFK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After I get it and try it out I'll write up a review on it. If you want a sample of the meat I slow cook and smoke that will cost you. 😋

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

After rocking the MZS CNC Brake & Clutch shorties for a while now and deciding I like these chinesium levers well enough, compared to stock, I decided it was time to upgrade to a higher quality pair of levers. That's not to say I had any issues with the MZS levers and would have no issue recommending them. They're perfectly usable for the price. But I wanted a better quality set just for my own peace of mind. I went with the MZS levers initially to make sure I would like shorties on the FZ-07 before I spent USD $150+ on a name brand set.

I compared a lot of options. I compared CRGs, ASVs, Vortex, Driven, Puig and Gilles and many others brands. I compared a lot of different criteria including build quality and materials, reputation, looks, adjustability, color options, warrantee, initial cost as well as price of replacement parts when needed.

It finally came down to the ASV F3s. I like their unique 180 point adjustability, quality, "unbreakable lever design", color combination choices and value for the price. The only down side I could really find was the laser engraved branding on the levers. I'm not a big fan of branding on my bike. I'm not one to want to visually brag about my mods and don't want to look like a rolling billboard. I've made some mod decisions base on the lack of branding when all other things were equal. I even took off the small Yamaha stickers off the tail plastic of my 2017.

They were available with black (adjuster) on black (lever) color for no additional cost at Motomummy. Every place else I checked, including ASV direct, wanted an extra USD $10 per lever to choose a different color of adjuster than ASVs default choice of red on the black levers which was just silly.

I considered the ASV C5s but didn't feel that billet, flat finish & 5yr warrantee of the C5s vs cast, gloss finish & 3yr warrantee of the F3s was worth the USD $64 per set price difference for me.

I'll write up my impressions once I have them in hand and installed.

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.