The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

51 minutes ago, timjh said:

I bought some gas...

92 Pure Non of that whisky ladened crap

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

I found out the head stand I got for Christmas does not have the size pin I need, so I ordered one.  I also ordered a set of Road 5's at the same time (as long as I am spending $13 why not spend $350) .  As soon as I get the pin I am sending my forks to @pattonme so he can install the Matris kit.  I am going to really enjoy this riding season with a new shock, new forks and new tires.  

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
2 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Its still super cold here so I cleaned and conditioned all my gear and organized it all in one place.

IMG_20180407_164508_461.jpg

Wow.  I wish my gear was that nicely organized. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Wow.  I wish my gear was that nicely organized. 

I just wish I had that much gear. 😂

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

chademinent
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

The Mrs. let you have the walk-in?! How did you do it?!!! 1f632.png

2 years of having it in 5 different places throughout the house.  Plus she has 2 closets for all her carp so I'm just making it even 😄

Edited by chademinent
  • Like 1

I wanted some ankle boots that offered a little protection and looked/behaved like a normal shoe when walking, rather than a narrow plank strapped to the bottoms of my feet. My choices were limited because I don't like buying online and having to return because of fit issues. I went up to my Yamaha dealership, Barney's of Brandon and looked at what they had and settled on the Joe Rocket, Big Bang, 2.0's. Nothing new about the styling, they've been around a long time but at least I won't be mistaken for some Flash Gordon knock-off.

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-Rocket-Motorcycle-Riding-Boots/dp/B00B49564Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1523197150&sr=1-1&keywords=joe+rocket+big+bang+2.0+boots

• Like 1

Beemer

21 hours ago, chademinent said:

2 years of having it in 5 different places throughout the house.  Plus she has 2 closets for all her carp so I'm just making it even 😄

Don't you get tired of carp stinking up the house? 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beemer

1 minute ago, chademinent said:

Stupid auto correct on my phone, I fixed it twice to say crap.  LOL But yes, Carp will stink up the house real fast.

I hear ya! I have to proof read a lot to correct mistakes myself and they still get by at times.

• Like 1

Beemer

Ok, so I returned the Joe Rocket, big Bang 2.0 boots because they were too hot for my doggies and the toe was too tall, I had to bend my foot all the way back to get my foot in there to shift. Was too much of a struggle. I ordered a more vented ankle top boot instead and one with a lower toe.

https://www.revzilla.com/spidi-x-ultra-shoe

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Yes, it is a nice day to ride.  Why do you ask?

Forks are off and heading to @pattonme today. 

9DE2C547-D355-4079-A6DD-3C16BF752E84.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This came in the other day for the MT. Hoping that its loud enough for me with the DB killer, otherwise I guess my drill gets to see some action to get it out haha. Getting installed on Tuesday, and I'm also going to sacrifice the awesome riding weather most of next week to send in the ECU to 2WDW for a flash. 

EYU4Kfbh.jpg

Edited by 208MT07
  • Like 2

My BELL Helmet came in and so far I like it. I took it on a short, local ride and I do get some wind noise but I've had that with every helmet I've ever worn so I see wind noise as standard. It fits well and @ 3.34 lbs. it's verrrry light, I hardly know it's on my head. The Transitions photo-chromatic face-shield works great! It's just about the right tint on a sunny day. Not too dark nor too light. I haven't tried them at night time yet but I'm sure they will be fine, they get pretty clear in a dimly lit room. It gets plenty of air-flow, my head never got hot or sweaty. Of course it isn't July or August yet either but I'm pretty sure it will work well on the hottest days. You can always crack open the shield and it lets a ton of air in without messing with your vision. Best of all, it's not a knock off, it's a real BELL helmet. Gotta be careful when shopping online. 😉 Thank you Cruizin!

IMG_0796.JPG

• Like 5

Beemer

I just received my new camera last night and I'm pretty effing stoked! It's not the best camera on the market but it is the best camera for my needs. Now all I have to do is give the bike a good wash and wait for the right moment for a couple pics of it. Here's what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079GDB7C7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a couple of my first pics taken of St. Pete across the bay and Bahia Beach in Ruskin.

use (3).jpg

IMG_0053 (2).jpg

use (2) (2).jpg

• Like 2

Beemer

I just ordered a set of Michelin Road5 sets as my stock tyres after 9000 km (1 season) are close to slick... Probably riding on the Nürburgring is not the best way to keep your tyres long-lasting 😁

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, zsoci said:

I just ordered a set of Michelin Road5 sets as my stock tyres after 9000 km (1 season) are close to slick... Probably riding on the Nürburgring is not the best way to keep your tyres long-lasting 😁

If the forum search is to be believed you're the first to mention the Road 5s. I've put them at the top of my list for when I'm ready for new skins since they check all the boxes that are important to me.  I look forward to hearing your opinion of the Road 5s.  ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I have Road 5's on my bike.  I am just waiting for my forks to arrive so I can ride with them.  They look nice though.  

Since I'm coming up on my first service interval and would like an easier time cleaning my chain(and also just cleaning the rear wheel), I just placed an order for the rear spool adapters from TRex racing, and will be buying a rear stand soon. 

squiernut

I ordered this today.

image.png.94a268bd8038f56f533c38b175a94a7c.png

Yeah, it's from Aliexpress.  I figured for $140, I'd take a chance.  Honestly tho, I think it's the best looking one out there.  Now, for the (likely) long wait for delivery...  

Edited by squiernut
Found larger picture
  • Like 1

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

• Premium Member

Had a good convo with Paul at Bellissimoto and ended up putting in an order for some Gilles rearsets for now. Got plenty of good ideas for my next few mods.