The MT-07 Forum

What did you buy for you or your FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

WankyMcTugger
On 3/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, JayMT07 said:

Let me know how you like the helmet with your Puig screen. I have a Shoei GT Air and with the Yamaha Sportscreen (similar to the Puig) I get a terrible noise in the helmet from the turbulent wind. 

Installed the screen, got the helmet in. The screen doesn't really lift the wind anywhere near my helmet, so I get the wind I'd get without the screen anyway.

• Like 1

I bought a radiator guard today. I like it because it's black, and would be cheap to replace from rocks. 

I have a three track mind. One track has been on my bike, one track on what I'm supposed to be doing in life, and the other track is just Netflix and food.

Edited by worker1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, worker1 said:

I have a three track mind. One track has been on my bike, one track on what I'm supposed to be doing in life, and the other track is just Netflix and food.

A full life pretty well sorted then. 

Just do it! 

• 1 month later...

Got an Evotech radiator guard for the FZ.  Purchased from Motovation Accessories USA.  They promptly answered all my questions before purchase, part was in stock, shipped fast & free.  Excellent source for Evotech & other overseas brands that are not as common in the USA.

yamaha-mt-07-radiator-guard-website_5.jp
WWW.MOTOVATIONUSA.COM

PRN011714 Radiator Guard by Evotech Performance Evotech’s savvy design means this radiator guard can be easily installed...

The radiator guard is consistent with my past experience with Evotech products...top of the line.  No it does not have the "EP" stamped in it anymore.  Install note....if you look real close you can see that not all the holes are a hex honeycomb pattern.  Some are round.  The rubber stand-offs go in the round holes....perfect placement.

ergreg.JPG

Edited by wrxer
  • Like 2

bartman5impson
57 minutes ago, wrxer said:

Got an Evotech radiator guard for the FZ.  Purchased from Motovation Accessories USA.  They promptly answered all my questions before purchase, part was in stock, shipped fast & free.  Excellent source for Evotech & other overseas brands that are not as common in the USA.

yamaha-mt-07-radiator-guard-website_5.jp
WWW.MOTOVATIONUSA.COM

PRN011714 Radiator Guard by Evotech Performance Evotech’s savvy design means this radiator guard can be easily installed...

The radiator guard is consistent with my past experience with Evotech products...top of the line.  No it does not have the "EP" stamped in it anymore.  Install note....if you look real close you can see that not all the holes are a hex honeycomb pattern.  Some are round.  The rubber stand-offs go in the round holes....perfect placement.

ergreg.JPG

The evotech seems to be the best radiator guard out there for the FZ, but I can't justify >$80 for it. It does look very nice though, like oem.

• Like 2

The radiator when I purchased the bike was rather beaten up so I fitted one of those. I am waiting for Evotech to design some crash bungs for my Rebel (on the way, apparently).

Just do it! 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

The evotech seems to be the best radiator guard out there for the FZ, but I can't justify >$80 for it. It does look very nice though, like oem.

My guess is OEM wouldn't be near as nice as this but still $80.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I purchased this months ago, but it is by far the best radiator guard for the money. It covers the radiator perfectly and is pretty good quality.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Yamaha MT-07 Moto Cage 2013-2017. Yamaha TRACER 700 2014-2016. --Type:Radiator Grille Grill Cover Guard. Radiator Guard Grill...

• Like 1

Ordered the Valter Moto Rearsets in version 3.5.  I was going to stick with the 2.5, but kept thinking about how I've been wanting something besides the rubber foot pegs (hopefully I don't get any numb feet) and also the engineer in me likes the idea of fiddling and fine tuning each component of which the 3.5 allows the most adjustment with an additional shift rod position adjustment.  I foresee a potential handlebar swap in the future...  Down the rabbit hole I've gone again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got my ECU flashed for my exhaust and DNA air filter!!! It feels like I got a new motorcycle for under $225

• Like 2

• Premium Member

S21's , S22's, what ever it takes!...  :)

bridgestone_battlax_hypersport_s22_tires
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

An evolutionary step from the popular S21, the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 Tires feature a new tread pattern and reformulated rubber.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

rushdewalt

I have noticed that lately prices for the Yamaha comfort seat (pre -2018) have dropped considerably. I was able to purchase a new  one for $161.00 on Ebay.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Yamaha FZ-07 Comfort Saddle. Fits: FZ-07 (2017, 2016, 2015), FZ-07 ABS (2017).

If I can get another hours riding comfort out of it over stock I'll be happy.

• Like 1

I got bored so I did what my X taught me to do when you're bored …. spend money!

By god it worked! I'd seen this years ago (engine cover) and never got it then and kinda forgot about it since but I stumbled upon it on amazon and jumped on it, along with some "black light" running lights that I'll mount in place of my older, red ones that were under the grab rails. They aren't going to be real bright for daytime like my red ones were but they should grab some attention both day and night and they'll look cool doing it! I got one other thing that's not for the bike,  a dash cam but thought I would mention it since it's something most people would benefit from, especially in a car wreck. 

What spurred me to get one is three times in one week recently people have crossed the double yellow into my lane to (unnecessarily) avoid vehicles parked on the side of the road and I had to come to a complete stop to avoid them having a head-on collision with me. They don't make any attempt to slow down, stop or move over, they just keep coming at you like la-di-da, I'll move over after I get around this car and then they protest that you honked at them. Effing retards, I swear!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BSK1R1M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ADHUYNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GFF7NLB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

Beemer

Picked up a set of brand new Diablo Rosso III's from a friend yesterday for $200. Still have good life left in my BT023's(only ~3500 miles on the bike), so I'll keep them as spares. 

20190521_174129.jpg

pirelli_diablo_rosso_iii_tires.jpg

Pirelli infuses technology from the World Superbike Championship into...

Edited by 208MT07
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, 208MT07 said:

Evotech Performance radiator guard

How did the installation go?

I bought the same guard but wasn't able to fit it flush with my 2019 MT-07.

tangodelta3

Bought an Icon Variant in blue to match the FZ. $180 Also bought the silver mirror lens for it. Looks baller.

Edited by tangodelta3

12 hours ago, tangodelta3 said:

Bought an Icon Variant in blue to match the FZ. $180 Also bought the silver mirror lens for it. Looks baller.

I bought a similar helmet and I never use it anymore because @ around 50 and above the wind catches the bill and tries to lift your head up. GL with yours!

Beemer

tangodelta3
18 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I bought a similar helmet and I never use it anymore because @ around 50 and above the wind catches the bill and tries to lift your head up. GL with yours!

Ya first ride with it was this morning. Over 70 I felt a lot of pull. 65 and under seems decent. I have an airflite that I use normally and will continue to use on trips involving the highway.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:07 PM, redwood said:

How did the installation go?

I bought the same guard but wasn't able to fit it flush with my 2019 MT-07.

Mine installed pretty easily. Any pics of where yours isnt sitting right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:11 PM, 208MT07 said:

Mine installed pretty easily. Any pics of where yours isnt sitting right?

I tried again and it worked this time for some reason. It's quite a snug fit but it's on there.

• Like 1