The MT-07 Forum

Tune Identification

mints

Hey everyone, So I picked a new-to-me '16 FZ and it has a few aftermarket goodies. I was wondering is there any blatant signs that it has a tune/flash on it? It does have an akrapovic carbon exhaust, so I am assuming it would have a flash/tune but who knows. Any way to tell? Thanks! 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

• Global Moderator

That is a good question. Is it backfiring or popping on deceleration? Also how much engine braking do you have? If it has a tune it should have fixed both those issues. I cannot think of any other way to tell.

From the short ride that I had (test ride and dealer to home) I didnt catch any backfire/pops on decel which leads me to believe it is tuned...but the engine breaking feels pretty intense. I cant compare to a bone stock FZ07 but it just feels more than what I remember with by CBR.

I was thinking of getting the FTecu from Velox (just to have instant availability) regardless. I just want to be sure my bike is safe in the meantime and not leaning out.

I have no decel pop on my arrow exhaust and it sounds like you have a lot of engine braking so I doubt your bike is tuned.
And it is perfectly safe to ride it like that. Thousands ride around with exhaust and no tune and none of them blow up.

Well that puts an ease to my anxiety lol definitely going to look more in the FTecu. Thanks for the help gents.

Dammit, I came in here expecting to play a "Name That Tune" type of game.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Archived