Sign in to follow this  
cassecou

FZ-07 Yamaha paint (white, red, grey and blue)

cassecou
Anyone knows where I can find OEM Yamaha paint matching the FZ-07 colors?
Not much help on their web site.

cassecou
You always have the answer Guru, I love it.
  • Like 1

jerryv
Y'all know what GURU stands for?

aeisan
I found Race Blu in spray cans and touch-up pens on Amazon. I wouldn't doubt it if they have the other colors.

If you want a link to it I haven't ordered it yet but I think I saved it to my wish list, so I should be able to send you a link to what I found. I think it was ~$33 for a can of color and a can of clear.
  • Like 1

cassecou
I found Race Blu in spray cans and touch-up pens on Amazon. I wouldn't doubt it if they have the other colors.  
If you want a link to it I haven't ordered it yet but I think I saved it to my wish list, so I should be able to send you a link to what I found. I think it was ~$33 for a can of color and a can of clear.
Thanks, but I think I just found it: Yamaha Blue 

Guest Ralph
The panels that are the only painted bits are not that expensive so
if you are thinking of a color change that may be the way to go.

crazycracka501
I want the orange from the FZ-09. Orange is my company color and let's admit, that particular orange is really nice! I want my baby orange. That's one of the reasons I went with white. Easy to cover with any other color. Does anyone know about painting the plastics? Do I have to sand the clear off or is there a paint that will adhere directly to it?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

reckless
Having painted plastics on cars before, this is what I've done and found that works really well.

1. Lightly WET sand clear coat surface with 320 grit wet sand paper till surface is dull (no shining spots)

2. wipe down with wax cleaner (using gloves, don't use bare hands because of natural oils on fingers), prevents bubbling from contaminants.

3. right before spraying paint wipe down surface with a Tack cloth

If you don't sand or at least scuff the clear coat then it can start peeling later down the road.
  • Like 1

crazycracka501
Having painted plastics on cars before, this is what I've done and found that works really well. 
1. Lightly WET sand clear coat surface with 320 grit wet sand paper till surface is dull (no shining spots)

2. wipe down with wax cleaner (using gloves, don't use bare hands because of natural oils on fingers), prevents bubbling from contaminants.

3. right before spraying paint wipe down surface with a Tack cloth

If you don't sand or at least scuff the clear coat then it can start peeling later down the road.
Thanks Reckless, much appreciated.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Guru
I see reckless has you covered !
  • Like 1