The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Yamaha paint (white, red, grey and blue)

cassecou

• Premium Member
You always have the answer Guru, I love it.

Guru is truly a guru.

Everything went braap.

I found Race Blu in spray cans and touch-up pens on Amazon. I wouldn't doubt it if they have the other colors.

If you want a link to it I haven't ordered it yet but I think I saved it to my wish list, so I should be able to send you a link to what I found. I think it was ~$33 for a can of color and a can of clear.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I found Race Blu in spray cans and touch-up pens on Amazon. I wouldn't doubt it if they have the other colors.  
If you want a link to it I haven't ordered it yet but I think I saved it to my wish list, so I should be able to send you a link to what I found. I think it was ~$33 for a can of color and a can of clear.
Thanks, but I think I just found it: Yamaha Blue 

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I want the orange from the FZ-09. Orange is my company color and let's admit, that particular orange is really nice! I want my baby orange. That's one of the reasons I went with white. Easy to cover with any other color. Does anyone know about painting the plastics? Do I have to sand the clear off or is there a paint that will adhere directly to it?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

Guru, maybe some help on the above question?

Having painted plastics on cars before, this is what I've done and found that works really well.

1. Lightly WET sand clear coat surface with 320 grit wet sand paper till surface is dull (no shining spots)

2. wipe down with wax cleaner (using gloves, don't use bare hands because of natural oils on fingers), prevents bubbling from contaminants.

3. right before spraying paint wipe down surface with a Tack cloth

If you don't sand or at least scuff the clear coat then it can start peeling later down the road.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Having painted plastics on cars before, this is what I've done and found that works really well. 
1. Lightly WET sand clear coat surface with 320 grit wet sand paper till surface is dull (no shining spots)

2. wipe down with wax cleaner (using gloves, don't use bare hands because of natural oils on fingers), prevents bubbling from contaminants.

3. right before spraying paint wipe down surface with a Tack cloth

If you don't sand or at least scuff the clear coat then it can start peeling later down the road.
Thanks Reckless, much appreciated.

Archived