The MT-07 Forum

SC Project Conic Exhaust and 2WDW Flash

howlinhoss

Working with Nels to tweak the flash I currently have but wanted to see if anyone else has an SC Project Conic Exhaust and 2WDW tune.

My set up seems to have lost a bit of torque through the revs (compared to my previous EJK set up). Wanted to get others feedback with the same set up.

Checked my filter and it's clean with no obstructions (have stock filter cap on my new DNA filter), gas has been changed after winter hibernation, tire pressures all good, exhaust is installed correctly with no leaks and oil is good. Trying to see what else it could be before sending my ECU back.

I am gonna go for a test ride today and see if the 02 sensor being plugged in and disconnected makes a difference as well.

Nels has been great to help me try and solve the issue. Once we rule a few things out I think we can get the tune fixed.

How many miles do you have on our bike? Your could try cleaning the O2 sensor and see if that does anything. Otherwise I'm really no help. Good luck getting it back to great there brother.

Dan

• Premium Member

Might be a difference in AFR values...if you know the AFR values you had with the EJK, im sure Nels can change the values in the fuel map to get the same AFR values you had with the EJK set up and the ignition tables may have been tweaked a tad with the reflash...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thanks for the replies.

About 10k on the clock. 02 sensor was unplugged with the ejk set up. Still need to test ride with it in and I'll look to see if it needs cleaning.

Hmmm I don't know the AFR with the ejk but I will see if I can get those. Good thinking.

Did you dyno before and after?
It is possible that if you have had a decent increase in HP above and below the suspect area that it remained the same and "feels" like less.
I had a good look at the exhaust and it looks too short to me , for the bikes power curve/rev range. It is possible that it has actually lost some torque and hp from optimum though increased overall from the free-er flow. Peak HP on mine was about 9000 and peak torque 6000. That needs a reasonable log pipe for optimium , assuming no header pipe tricks. These look straight so may be too short. Without being able to get the cam timing figures I would guess about 45-48 inches header and tailpipe. That is a guess though.
The Akra got it's length and still maintained the "MotoGP" stubby look by turning a snail pipe underneath.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived