The MT-07 Forum

New break lever

redline

Hello I recently installed some new levers on my bike. The clutch lever installed and works just fine, and the break lever installed just fine and it works, however it does not disengage all the way, so when I release it, it is still breaking and the break lights are on, so I have to flick it back out to disengage it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

These are the levers I have. http://www.the2wheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=231_235_409&product_id=541

My buddy has the same ones and he installed them a few years back and had the same problem but was able to fix it but cannot remember how he fixed it

I have the same levers on my bike with no issues. Try adding some lube to that small cylinder that holds the lever in place. Do the sticking happen on all positions of the lever? Might need some fine tuning on the tension of the brake line. Just some things to consider to find out what exactly the issue is.

Fixed it! Tried my buddy's brake lever and it fit just fine and was snappy and had no problem disengaging so I sanded down the round part on either side that protrudes from the lever and it no longer sticks when I release it. I guess they just sent me one that fit pretty tight.

Archived