The MT-07 Forum

Tuning

titleist32

I am probably going to add an M4 slip on exhaust (for price it just seems right for me) and a DNA filter. Is a power commander really going to be necessary? It's just pricey. I know I could always pull my ecu and sent it in to get flashed for my specific setup and maybe that would be the best route. Do we have any supporting vendors to do that? Thanks for the advice. I've gone parts ordering crazy lately.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

2WheelDynoWorks is a supporting vendor on this forum for ECU flashes. Check the supporting vendor section of the forum. He is offering a 10% discount until 2/28 so check it out. Plenty of info on this forum to help you decide if this solution is for you.

More often than not, you'll lose some torque down low, and the bike won't be breathing its best contributing to higher temps and quicker engine wear in the long run, but that said, it isn't completely necessary. I went about a year without a flash tune. Difference was greatly noticeable (recovered torque, smoother throttle, less engine breaking, eliminated backfire) and I asked myself why I didn't do it sooner.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Archived