The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 Graves exhaust

hamster

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the idea of the super light design. If you can lose weight , say 20lbs (ultralight battery, TI full length exhaust, 520 conversion) that'd bring your wet weight down to 368-370ish and gain hp you'd get a pretty potent performance boost.

Did someone say $1,098.00? ???  Nice system but I've heard too much about carbon fiber pipes exploding. edit: Akra Ti next pipe.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Graves is top notch...them headers are like air next to the exhaust can for comparison, think of a pack of smokes in one hand and a 12oz can of pop in the other... the welds are x-rated, they actually ship the header assembly all put together, the exhaust can run with or without baffle and get no noticeable  diffrence in power or run a diffrent mapfor each set up ...I have the Graves exhaust for my FJ-09... I'm pretty excited to hear em sing after waiting for a month and a half for a break in Washington rain so Nels could work his magic... Now I just gotta get the same race kit for my FZ-07 that's on my FJ-09 ?

My FZ-07 tips the scale at 380# with stock battery, Hordpower airbox, aftermarket exhaust and no rear landing gear, full tank of bbbrraaappp juice, stock chain, and PCV, auto tune and PCV pod guage...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 6 months later...
Stephen Davis

Their welds and radius bends are the best I've seen. Welds need to be very smooth - non exsistant on inside or you get major reduction in flow..Please explain the difference in the cans ??,I wanted aTOCE or the IXIL- I X Race from Europe the crazzzzy bend unit - I appreciate the help - can i buy just the Graves headers ?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Stephen Davis said:

Their welds and radius bends are the best I've seen. Welds need to be very smooth - non exsistant on inside or you get major reduction in flow..Please explain the difference in the cans ??,I wanted aTOCE or the IXIL- I X Race from Europe the crazzzzy bend unit - I appreciate the help - can i buy just the Graves headers ?

Ixil is pure junk- proven to neuter your FZ-07 even with a proper tune it's power is way less than a bone stock FZ-07 

Contact Graves Exhaust about just buying a header...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 8 months later...

Scratchpad. Did the headers and mid pipe stay in one piece? Was it only the muffler section that died? For me the that system's big advantage is the header design ( stepped headers). A Tyga muffler in carbon or Stainless or Aluminium on the exhaust itself would be a good way to go.

Carbon mufflers definitely vary hugely in quality.  It shouldn't even HAVE a seam if it made properly, as carbon should be tube molded ( ie no longditude join in the layup), so they need to change their muffler if it has.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 6/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, gregjet said:

Scratchpad. Did the headers and mid pipe stay in one piece? Was it only the muffler section that died? For me the that system's big advantage is the header design ( stepped headers). A Tyga muffler in carbon or Stainless or Aluminium on the exhaust itself would be a good way to go.

Carbon mufflers definitely vary hugely in quality.  It shouldn't even HAVE a seam if it made properly, as carbon should be tube molded ( ie no longditude join in the layup), so they need to change their muffler if it has.

I was able to get Chuck to come over to my pit and check out the system. On street bikes there should not be a problem at all. Race bikes getting into higher rpms on these motors creates a lot of vibration which is when the twisting occurs. They have designed a race system for this bike. Chuck will be working with me to rectify this. 

Archived