The MT-07 Forum

o2 Sensor?

chademinent

Just curious to see what everyone is running on their exhaust/intake mods.  When i bought the bike i had the dealer install the M4 exhaust K&N and snorkel delete.  They installed a Dobeck EJK as well, but pulled the 02 sensor.  I live in MT where we have no smog or emissions regulations, just wondering if it makes a difference or if anyone else has the same setup.

EJK recommends pulling it and not having the O2 sensor attached. LOTS of talk about pros/cons, esp from the EJK guys. Hunt around, you'll see their discussion and justifications.

2WDW recommends leaving it on, generally, but will pull it for racing, if I recall correctly.

I had an EJK and pulled it. No problems. Now have a 2WDW reflash and have it installed. Also without problems.

I think you're ok. Interesting that your DEALER installed those - out here (CA) you'd get the "are you out of your F'n mind" look if you asked that. If I'm not mistaken, we can't even legally BUY exhaust/emission mods in this state.

EJK recommends pulling it and not having the O2 sensor attached. LOTS of talk about pros/cons, esp from the EJK guys. Hunt around, you'll see their discussion and justifications. 
2WDW recommends leaving it on, generally, but will pull it for racing, if I recall correctly.

I had an EJK and pulled it. No problems. Now have a 2WDW reflash and have it installed. Also without problems.

I think you're ok. Interesting that your DEALER installed those - out here (CA) you'd get the "are you out of your F'n mind" look if you asked that. If I'm not mistaken, we can't even legally BUY exhaust/emission mods in this state.
That's what i was thinking, I still have the stock O2 sensor, and I am going to need to reflash anyways because I installed the Hordpower airbox so i ts not goin to matter much.  Thanks for the response!

Don't know exactly where the FI goes from closed to open loop, but gonna guess when the eco light goes out, that sensor is no long used to adjust the map.

Archived