The MT-07 Forum

Hyperpro Progressive Spring Rates?

deadline

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean. Progressive spring has min. and max. rates (such as 0.7kg/mm- 1.16 kg/mm) as far as I know. I wonder those figures for Hyperpro product.

I've never been able to find official rates for the hyperpro springs specific to the 07. I have them and they work pretty well for me (190-200 lbs). At least, as well as the stock forks will let them. If I had to guess, .70-1.1 kg/mm. Send hyperpro an email and ask them. If you do find the official rates post them up as I'm pretty curious now myself. If you're a lot heavier than me, however, I would get straight rate springs. The top is pretty soft.

They e-mailed me back:

7.51 N/mm - 13.07 N/mm.

Therefore:

(0.76 kgf/mm - 1.33 kgf/mm)

I am 192 lbs with riding gear. What do you think about preload billet with this 0.76 kgf/mm rate? Do I need or not?  Opinions?

I assume you're talking about preload adjusters. Do you NEED them? No. Could you use them to easily set sag and dial the springs in to your liking? Obviously. I don't have them but I'm sure they're useful.

Who responded? Are you sure they are progressive and not 2 or triple rate? The key data point is what the rate is at various amounts of compression. Personally I stay well clear of them because they are a crutch for a bad setup and don't fix the actual problem.

So let's say out of 5" of travel, what is the rate at 1" compression, 2", 3", 4" and 5". don't be surprised if it goes to 1.0+ at 2.5" of travel. It'll feel like hitting a brick wall.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gertjan de Jongh from Hyperpro Sales B.V. responded. No, I do not know either they are progressive rate or double/triple rate. While I was riding, I did not witnessed brick wall effect.

BTW, is it better to use any progressive spring in a cartige solution or single rate? What do you think?

Archived