The MT-07 Forum

Differences between US and EU models

bugeyes

Hi,

Curious abot the differences as we don't seem to get the exact same product, I list what I know and you fill in or correct me if I'm wrong.

Name: US FZ-07, EU MT-07
Brakes: US non ABS per default, EU ABS version only
Tires: US Bridgestone Battlax, EU Mich Pilot Roads (not sure about what US gets but I think it's Battlax)
Turn signals: different 

• Premium Member

ECU settings are different in fueling and speed limiter, EU spec ECU wont start a USA spec bike, EU owners can adjust whats called the "CO" feature thru the dash for aftermarket exhaust, EU airbox has a extra thingamajig flapper on top of airbox...and EU has the moto-stunt cage FZ-07 where US does not... EU bikes have the coded chip keys...the US just got its first ABS model thats in red only...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

ECU settings are different in fueling and speed limiter, EU spec ECU wont start a USA spec bike, EU owners can adjust whats called the "CO" feature thru the dash for aftermarket exhaust, EU airbox has a extra thingamajig flapper on top of airbox...and EU has the moto-stunt cage FZ-07 where US does not... EU bikes have the coded chip keys...the US just got its first ABS model thats in red only...
Thank's The ECU might explain why I read a lot about excessive engine braking that I don't really recognize, normal for a twin for me.
The stunt cage is only on a special model called "Moto Cage"
Never heard of a CO feature adjustable trough the dash, need to check that - EDIT: checked and it seems to be only for the MT-09

• Premium Member
Thank's The ECU might explain why I read a lot about excessive engine braking that I don't really recognize, normal for a twin for me.
The stunt cage is only on a special model called "Moto Cage"
Never heard of a CO feature adjustable trough the dash, need to check that - EDIT: checked and it seems to be only for the MT-09
My bad on the CO thing...I seemed to have blended my FJ-09 knowledge with the FZ-07... I do own both bikes ?...they suit each other like ying and yang...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Here is an odd-ball difference I just discovered...

It seems some bikes have slightly different shaped and attached kickstand feet. I bought an aftermarket, machined, aluminum plate for the foot from a Chinese outfit that used a Far East version MT-07 for their product development and in our rather lengthy discussion and exchange of pix it was clear that differences exist that the vendor was not aware of. In looking at more styles of aftermarket plates from other Far East vendors this appears to be a consistent difference between at least some of the two different bike models.

There's also a Calif US model, which has exhaust restrictions or something like that..

The EU models most likely also use the metric system rather than the imperial system by default. (KPH, instead of MPH).

I've got the SW Mototech sidestand foot. It's from France and it fits.

Cali. Version has evap. Canister.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Global Moderator
speedo on the uk bike is in mph.
You can change it in any MT/FZ from km/h - mi/h. :)
Except on the Canadian models, at least according to some of our Canadian forum members.  

You can change it in any MT/FZ from km/h - mi/h. :)
Except on the Canadian models, at least according to some of our Canadian forum members.  
As a Montrealer, I can confirm this. Our bikes are only in Km/H and cannot be changed to Mi/H

As a Montrealer, I can confirm this. Our bikes are only in Km/H and cannot be changed to Mi/H
But you get the FZ in white! Other than that, sucks to be Canadian  :P

• Premium Member
But you get the FZ in white! Other than that, sucks to be Canadian  :P
I was lucky to get a White FZ-07 when they first hit the US market...1st color batches where just simple paint jobs w/ no decals

Archived