The MT-07 Forum

Clips for back panel inserts and front intake mesh

liami

I'm thinking about taking out the intake mesh from the air intakes, painting them blurple to match the wheel color of my FZ, and then putting them back in. Want to do the same for the rear panel inserts inside the rear fairings with new mesh. Looking to put in some amber led strips and make those holes light up as turn signals. My question is how do I take those little circle clips off the parts easily (preferably without breaking), and if I break them, what would I search to find new ones? I don't want to epoxy the mesh on, making it permanent. I thought about neodymium magnets hot glued onto the inside of the fairing so I can sandwich the mesh between two magnets. I feel like it could cause issues later, whether that be picking up magnetic debri on the outside of the fairing or causing wiring issues due to the strong magnetic pull of the neodymium.

The mesh is held on by spring nuts, they can be pulled off with pliers and reused. There's no reason that they'll be broken when removed.

This video shows it at 7:55 (front is the same).

• Premium Member

You're over thinking it. ;)   I modified the crap out of my panels and mesh for my DRL mod, really not a big deal. As @stickshift mentioned the spring clips are reusable and easy enough to remove with a pair of needle nose pliers and a nail or something to pry and loosen the little teeth a bit. Easy peasy.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived