The MT-07 Forum

Tail tidy

alexderbi

So i bought a handmade tail tidy from a store here in Greece and i would like to ask something. Probably all of you with the ebay,amazon etc tail tidies have the same problem with me, what have you done with the gap left between the bracket and the tail light  when you change the yamaha tail tidy? Thanks in advance, Alex 

fender.jpg

image upload

AlbatrossCafe

Ah, I see.

I don't have a pic of it at the moment but what I did was cut a piece of plastic out of the stock fender and used that to cover that spot. I cut it slightly larger than that hole and rested it on the inside of the rear side covers.

The stock fender color pretty closely matches the tail so it worked well. I'll get a picture of it and post when I get home tonight.

Thanks for your reply.. I have thought that too but i was wondering if there is another solution because i dont want to cut the stock fender.

AlbatrossCafe
Thanks for your reply.. I have thought that too but i was wondering if there is another solution because i dont want to cut the stock fender.
Why not? I've never seen anyone buy one, so it will be very difficult to sell. Most everyone prefers the tail-tidy version, even if you decide to sell your bike later on. For 90% of people who get a tail tidy I bet the stock one either gets cut up, thrown away, or it sits in a garage for years. 
Otherwise you can just find another piece of scrap plastic with similar color and do the same thing.

You are right if i can't find another piece of plastic i will cut it.. I send an email to tst industries because they are having a nice piece of cnc but they are selling it for 36$+shipping.

Archived