The MT-07 Forum

Dog gets hit by R6 on group ride

rxSpeeD

I was recently on a group ride and a small dog decided he wanted a piece of a R6 and charged at it. You can imagine how that ended for the dog...
I'm on the white FZ-07 on the left
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58k5jCvCqvY]

I understand in certain parts of a country Chihuahua road kill tacos are acceptable and great! :D

I'm sorry, that's mean. Was his name Flippie? Is he OK?

Beemer

I'm probably an outlier when it comes to animals, dogs especially. I despise dogs because of how socially acceptable it has become to take them everywhere, into every store and even restaurants! Every time I see a dog in public, I say a little prayer that it will break loose and get run over or ravage the store so that they are no longer allowed in public.

I've had a few bad experiences with dogs in particular. My son was jumped on by a dog when he was young (in a public place) and now has a fear of them. The dog left minor scratches, but to a 2 year old, the dog was a giant - easily larger than he was! The owner mildly reprimanded the dog and acted as though it was just part of life. A few other instances were not as "friendly" to the point I had to purchase a gun for defense from a neighbor's dog on my own property. Needless to say we don't own a dog.

I don't deny their importance as seeing eye dogs, or even their role as recovery for soldiers suffering from PTSD... But....

I'm probably an outlier when it comes to animals, dogs especially. I despise dogs because of how socially acceptable it has become to take them everywhere, into every store and even restaurants! Every time I see a dog in public, I say a little prayer that it will break loose and get run over or ravage the store so that they are no longer allowed in public.  
I've had a few bad experiences with dogs in particular. My son was jumped on by a dog when he was young (in a public place) and now has a fear of them. The dog left minor scratches, but to a 2 year old, the dog was a giant - easily larger than he was! The owner mildly reprimanded the dog and acted as though it was just part of life. A few other instances were not as "friendly" to the point I had to purchase a gun for defense from a neighbor's dog on my own property. Needless to say we don't own a dog.

I don't deny their importance as seeing eye dogs, or even their role as recovery for soldiers suffering from PTSD... But....
I feel the same way at times. Skip ahead in the video to 2:30 to find out why. *WARNING!! TOTALLY GROSS! Not for the squeamish* 
[video src=https://youtu.be/N46YIivzPh0]

Beemer

Archived