The MT-07 Forum

What year will the fz07 get a revamp?

Cruizin

I'm betting on 2020, assuming 09 will probably be first, but who knows? ABS in 2018 is great news, lack of Black, White or Blue is not good news, because Red is the only ABS color.

What year will yellow wheels go back out of style? lol, just kidding

The 09 has had an update in Europe for 2017. It includes new front light (MT-10 alike) Has US got that? Also, a patent has been filed for similar new front lights on 07 which I presume will reach Europe for 2018, probably with revised suspension (which Yam usually seems to do after a while).

Just do it! 

The 09 has had an update in Europe for 2017. It includes new front light (MT-10 alike) Has US got that? Also, a patent has been filed for similar new front lights on 07 which I presume will reach Europe for 2018, probably with revised suspension (which Yam usually seems to do after a while; 09's is now revised).

Just do it! 

I agree with 2018 - it will be 4 years, now that the new regulations are getting harder and the competition has launched new models, it would be wise! Plus, the big bros 09 & 10 have new faces, the 07 is bound to follow the trend soon!

Safe riding!

8" round head light, 8" round head light (with LED inside is fine), 8" round head light...
nee FZ6 S2. Or bikini fairing ala '09 Fazer

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest 2wheeler

ASAP..... mirrors that work, and a repositioned horn button!!!

While they are at it, a horn you can hear and a light bulb that lights.

Considering they already make the R6 throttle tube.....

I'm good with all that for 2018

What the heck, 2018 can bring a radiator guard too.

That's the needed/easy/cheap stuff - too bad they will never spend the money for a good suspension >:(

• Global Moderator

Since the FZ-09 got its revamp this year and the FZ-07 came out one year after it I am guessing we will see a new FZ-07 for the 2018 model year. As usual I reserve the right to be completely wrong...

One of Yamaha's product development guys has talked about new model motorcycle sales being on about a three year cycle. The MT-09 sales have slipped in Europe for example and so the refresh now. So that suggests they must be working on the MT-07 for 2018.

Just do it! 

I'l be the odd man out and say spring 2019, most likely 2020. I think that there may be some technological advances and newer (stricter) regulations to hit in the next 12-18 months that could change some things (gut feeling, no true insight). If they only do "cosmetic" and not a thorough revamp, then 2018.

Basically it is about the strict emission regulations in Europe (Euro 4), manufacturers require to sell the previous Euro 3 compliant bikes at a low price to start the Euro 4 commercialization.

Luckily, in the US, except for California, it is so muuuuch more flexible... however, what I like about EU is that safety is 1st - how is it possible that in some states, such as FL & PA, the use of a helmet is NOT mandatory...?????
Or that ABS is just a thing that is not yet established?? (More and more models have this feature switchable, so anti-ABS guys should be good with it). :)))

My 2 cents, from the EU guy in US, hehehe

Safe riding!

I would like to point out that we here in the great nation of Canada get a blue FZ-07 ABS.

2019 for an update is my guess, and I suspect nothing more than a headlight modification. It would be nice to see a bunch of a little things fixed, but I am not holding my breath.

Archived