The MT-07 Forum

Don't want to wait...but don't wanna Grenade motor

armydude52c

I know it's probably been asked before but I just ordered the two brothers s1r full system and I want to install it but don't have my power commander yet. I know the bike will probably run lean now but my question is how bad would it be to go ahead and install the exhaust and run it for a week till the controller comes in?

Been running an aftermarket exhaust on my FZ for a whole season without a PC or any other type of fuel injection management and I've had no problems. Still going to get one this summer cause I want one, but I don't think running an aftermarket exhaust without one will do much over a short term, especially not in a week, and even more so if you drive properly and don't rev it to the limiter ;)

Army dude, it'll be ok but if anything does magically go bad because of it just tell some lower ranking guy to drop for push-ups until it gets better. ;)

Beemer

I put close to 10k of near full time redline on my engine with a drilled exhaust, removed snorkel and snorkel plate...10k miles later she's still a sewing machine smooth. Unhooked o2 sensor some of that, removed air filter entirely a few miles etc. recently put an EJK on tho just because..

Like literally , did a 40 mile stretch over 110 the whole time, and many other times 5-10 miles redlined. I change my oil kinda often tho... every 1.5 to 2k miles

• Premium Member

I have the SR1 and over 15,000 miles on it no tune and no issues

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
That makes me feel better. Will be installing it first thing in the morning
FYI I reused my exhaust gaskets on the head also no issue. If you got new ones use them though.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived