The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Y-series

iluvspdtt

Has anyone seen these exhausts? They look nice but bulky. Seems like they are being sold through Yamaha and come with CARB approval. Also they have the works coating which is nice. Just wondered if anyone had seen them or heard them.

• Premium Member

Oooo interesting. I just talked to my Yoshi rep a few weeks ago and he didn't mention this... But then again I was asking for a new exhaust. How much is it going for?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I seeeee. It's a good chunk pricier ($276 to be exact) too... but good to know they offer a CARB approved one. Wonder why they don't offer it on their own website... I mean I guess I do. I'm assuming they want to cater towards those who go on the track.

Also wonder if it sounds different then.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

AlbatrossCafe

Reminds me of the Akra Carbon with the bend in the pipe. Looks cool off the bike, but on the bike it looks like an extra pinky finger or something hanging off IMHO

I do like the "FZ07" logo on it though.

• 1 month later...

I think because it's CARB approved and it appears to have a cat inside, it will likely not be the highest performing exhaust. Will likely drop some pounds over stock, but it almost certainly will be choked by the CARB requirements.

Would be interesting to see it on a dyno run though.

• 2 weeks later...

If they use a low cells per sq inch cylinder cat it will have only a slight effect on the power. GPR and Akro both use them.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 months later...
glowsticknic

I've seen this exhaust on a fellow fz07er's bike. We chatted for a bit about how cool we are, then I asked about the exhaust. He started it up, definitely a better sound than the stock oe. The man told me he had it put on when he purchased the bike. The sound is not loud compared to other a/m exhausts, having both a cat and big muffler. You could classify this exhaust as an oe replacement.

Archived