The MT-07 Forum

Trip planned.

rossco

I am planning a trip from Vancouver BC down to Arizona and back.  using this route.
Google Maps 
https://tinyurl.com/jb79en4

is there anything awesome exciting I should see when traveling this route. I never been to Vegas or Grand Canyon. I been all over Cali so that is why I'm avoiding it. 

hoping to meet people along the way to show me more great routes if possible. this June July area.

I'm planning to hit the road around June but my trip might be a bit longer ... starting from Toronto.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

How much time ya got? ;)

Utah is gorgeous, we rode through it last fall.

Bryce and Zion if you have time. Cedar Breaks National Monument is really cool and it's free. Just a nice ride off of 89.

When you go through Brigham City check out Maddox Ranch House Restaurant, their fried chicken is to die for.

Take a side trip to Bear Lake too.

In Ogden there is a store called Smith and Edwards, worth checking out.

I'm enjoying reliving our trip last year and am excited for you!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
hoping to meet people along the way to show me more great routes if possible. this June July area.
My advice is to steer clear of anywhere in AZ except the north in July. It's too effing hot to enjoy riding for any extended period of time.

I would avoid I15 in Utah and take a more indirect route towards Las Vegas, that drive is horrible in a car and even more so on a bike.  I would maybe detour off and head out toward Moab, lots to look at out here too.  Ill be heading down to Colorado Springs and back from Western Montana in the middle of July, possibly heading to Las Vegas on my way back.

Archived