Sign in to follow this  
pj

Swing arm paint?

pj
I have rust spots on my right swing arm at various spots. Before I remove the rust anyone know the paint code for swing arm paint if any?

sorkyah
I have rust spots on my right swing arm at various spots. Before I remove the rust anyone know the paint code for swing arm paint if any? 

I can't say I know the exact code but I do know that the Rust-Oleum flat black 2x coverage spray paint matches the frame nearly perfectly on my red FZ

Walmart has it for about 4 bucks

249127_0213_PTO_12oz_2xUltraCover_Flat_Black.ashx
  • Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Mr.Puss
 Im know Im being melodramatic/neurotically anal here but I've had a very minor surface scratch on my swingarm that's bothered me for months.  Maybe I can gently buff it out... I know I know, there's no hope for me at all.  :-S

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

rick
Seems I remember someone posting up the code and name for the paint on the black wheels. Might be a bit glossier though.

One of the ways Yamaha kept the cost and weight down on this bike was to be stingy with paint. The finish on the swinger is a good example - it's pretty darn thin. If you go rubbing on it with an abrasive, you might want to start with something really fine (maybe just a wax with a cleaner) so you don't make a little blemish bigger.

Beemer
The question is how is your bike ever going to have any character if you "touch up" everything? ;)

Beemer

sorkyah
The question is how is your bike ever going to have any character if you "touch up" everything? ;)
The lofty front end and questionable suspension give this bike character... more than enough unless you're a stickerbomber

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Beemer
The lofty front end and questionable suspension give this bike character... more than enough unless you're a stickerbomber
IKR! That's why I left mine alone. 

Beemer