Sign in to follow this  
dentalprodigy

Can I clean my DNA air filter w/ K&N's filter cleaning kit?

dentalprodigy
Hi,
     I have a DNA air filter installed on my bike.  After ~12 k miles on the bike & recently noticing torn blue shop towels in it (must have been a mice nest at one point), it needs to be cleaned.  I know DNA sells a $20 cleaning kit (not including shipping) BUT just wanted to check if it's a big deal if I simply use K&N's air filter cleaning kit which is available on amazon for cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/99-5000-Aerosol-Recharger-Filter-Service/dp/B00029WYVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1486923508&sr=1-1&keywords=air%2Bfilter%2Bcleaning%2Bkit&th=1

Looking forward to some thoughts.

https://goo.gl/photos/hYV9vCxcgbvUA2vV6

mossrider
No prob. Use what ever you got/get, it's the same. I've actualy cleaned my gauze filters with mild dish soap in the kitchen sink under slowly running warm water for over 400,000 miles with no ill effects. I use what ever filter oil I have on hand to reoil. Get back out there!
  • Like 2

dentalprodigy
No prob. Use what ever you got/get, it's the same. I've actualy cleaned my gauze filters with mild dish soap in the kitchen sink under slowly running warm water for over 400,000 miles with no ill effects. I use what ever filter oil I have on hand to reoil. Get back out there!
Sweet!  I knew I was overthinking it.  Thanks.