The MT-07 Forum

Engine dies , feels like injectors shut down. Update

crsnhppr

So. recently my bike in 6th gear only ..(wtf) at 70+mph cuts off. feels like injectors power down. checked my fuel line seems not binding anywhere, made sure my injector hookups from EJK are ok. Adjusted EJK a few times still does it. It feels like I suddenly lose power , throttle "catches" back up if i release throttle input and feather down itll recover and give fuel. No codes..heavy acceleration doesnt cause it usually but it did completely die once just a few mins ago 6th gear full throttle high rpm ( i was doing 131) just to see if it would. It feels intermittent, under normal around town cruising i get no problems, its only 6th gear, its only once im up to either just cruising speed in 6th or apparently full throttle 6th gear pulls at high speed...and no other time thus far. idk wtf it is

Update: apparently my shoddy maintenance caused the kickstandsensor wires to fray and deteriorate causing connection issues. I got some old wires from an electronic device , removed the sections of the sensors wire that were compromised and installed small lengths of whatever wire I had in place , wrapped it in electrical tape and it's all good now .

• Premium Member

Check all other safety inputs such as kick stand switch, clutch, key, shift sensor, etc...which could cause the bike to cut out before really tearing into the bike blindly trying to figure it out...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I'd check norcal616's suggestions first. Then look for any restriction in the air intake or exhaust, maybe a mouse decided to hide something in there. Next I might try completely unplugging the EJK, plugging the ECU back directly to the injectors and see if it still happens with the stock fueling to make sure you don't have a defective EJK. If our bikes were older I'd say maybe there's a partially clogged filter in a fuel line but that just doesn't sound likely. I've got one more idea, but I'm going to check it out on mine first to see if it's even worth looking at.

Disconnected w/ EJK controlling fuel. I removed EJK to see if the bike would cut out but it didn't . However, it doesn't happen each time even with EJK installed. Recently in a parking lot each time I shifted into first after fire up the bike would die cut off so... maybe it's the sensor down there , idk...

Also my gear indicator sensor thing is messed up because it flashes 5th and 6th gear when they are engaged but idk if that would cause the engine to start dying because it's not affected it before

• Premium Member

You will need to pull the gear indicator; its probably dirty in the contact area...i had the same problem, i just used a clean rag and wiped it all out and put it back together...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 months later...

Archived