The MT-07 Forum

Hey, these sliders ain't bad!

rhb

I installed these sliders and case protectors. They are from Ebay made in China, about100 bucks total. And surprise, they are of incredible quality, (with one caveat).
 Great fit and finish, anodizing is flawless, perfectly machined to close tolerances. the top sliders installed in 10 minutes, you do need a torque wrench for proper tightening. The bottom case protectors need replacing of the cheap provided bolts with quality stainless steel, and I put bushings where the bolts go through the plastic skid so I could properly tighten the case bolts. (otherwise they squish) But aside from that, they are very impressive in every way. Not sure I love the look, but if they do the job, so be it.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

pom.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

If you ask me the bike is a little funky to begin with, with the bug light and seat so a little more funk can't hurt. It doesn't look bad and it looks sturdy. I'd say money well spent if it saves the engine in a one time crash. Please don't crash. ;)

Beemer

Sliders are one of those things you buy but never want to use, it's kind of a conflict. but even if and as likely, my bike falls over in a parking lot, it will save aggravation.

• Premium Member

I was looking at these as well. Hard to beat the price for all of these bits and they don't look half bad either, nicely machined. My concern was bolting the one end directly to the engine case. I dunno, probably not a big deal just me being paranoid about my 2nd wife. ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I was looking at these as well. Hard to beat the price for all of these bits and they don't look half bad either, nicely machined. My concern was bolting the one end directly to the engine case. I dunno, probably not a big deal just me being paranoid about my 2nd wife. ;)
Actually both ends are bolted to the engine case, through the frame, or the rear bracket. I just looked at the Yamaha branded ones and they are set up in a similar fashion. the bolts supplied for the main slider are case hardened steel, and rugged. Two are better I think than the single type which bolt directly to the front engine mount alone. It was my rationale.  

• Premium Member
Actually both ends are bolted to the engine case, through the frame, or the rear bracket. I just looked at the Yamaha branded ones and they are set up in a similar fashion. the bolts supplied for the main slider are case hardened steel, and rugged. Two are better I think than the single type which bolt directly to the front engine mount alone. It was my rationale.
Yeah thats a very good point, logical.  I forgot the Yamaha sliders mounted that way. I have the OES which are bolted to the single frame/engine mount.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 1 month later...

I was hesitating pretty badly between these ones or the more regular Lightech ones, and I went with the regular ones because of my past experiences with Ebay stuff

I was hesitating pretty badly between these ones or the more regular Lightech ones, and I went with the regular ones because of my past experiences with Ebay stuff
If you prepared to do a little uprating of bolts and re-engineering a little, these are a great value, the machining and fit is flawless and perfect. The only weak point concerns the lower case sliders as I mentioned. I drilled out the plastic "slider" and inserted a steel bushing so I could properly torque the bolts, other wise you will squeeze the plastic part and possibly have an oil leak as one screw penetrates the crankcase. The top sliders are perfect as is.

I actually would buy a better grade but dealing with the US and importing becomes a problem sometimes, some companies don't even ship to where I live, so it is nice to find a cheap but quality alternative.

Archived