The MT-07 Forum

Colorado!

cloud

Starting this thread because it doesn't exist! I'm new to the forum, FZ's and Colorado so I have nothing to offer currently but please make introductions and post up any rides and moto events in CO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in Denver. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of FZ riders in the state...I hardly ever see them around, and when I tell people about my bike they look at me like I have a dick on my forehead.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I'm a new fz 07 owner here in denver.  This thread is as good a place as any to talk about favorite mountain roads, or local dealer experiences, or meetups.  I just bought myself a glacier blue fz 07 for Christmas.  December is a great month to buy a bike, the dealers are pretty much selling for cost.  I paid $6300 plus tax for a new glacier blue 2017 at coyote motorsports.  Coal creek canyon is my favorite ride west of denver.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:52 PM, guylee said:

I'm in Denver. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of FZ riders in the state...I hardly ever see them around, and when I tell people about my bike they look at me like I have a dick on my forehead.

Are you sure they are not stoned?  I mean Rocky Mountain High Colorado is not just a song anymore :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome!  Let me first tell you the best road near denver is 103 from bergen park to echo lake, squaw pass road.  If you haven't been on it, stop what you are doing and go.  Once you have been on it, you will realize your rear shock is a worthless pogo stick, and get a new rear shock from @pattonme his prices will beat revzilla.  Then head by bitchin stichin in golden, co and get them to add some foam to your stock seat which is just torture after 45 minutes.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 5:45 AM, danfz07 said:

Not Co, but very northern NM. Cant find anyone in NM

Dan

Im in the 4 corners area.. close to southern CO. 

Will be riding soon enough.. just in the process of deciding what i can afford this year. 

But i will be riding in no time. 

Where abouts are you at in northern nm? 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:52 PM, guylee said:

Im going to be in denver for a couple days for my sons school concert in a few months. Riding my bike up from my house while the fam drives the family vehicle.. ill hit all you guys up when it gets close to that time. 

If thers isnt snow.. hopefully not. 

1 hour ago, PunisherFz8 said:

Im in the 4 corners area.. close to southern CO. 

Will be riding soon enough.. just in the process of deciding what i can afford this year. 

But i will be riding in no time. 

Where abouts are you at in northern nm? 

Los Alamos, so still a little ways from 4 corners.  Lol  I haven't done many rides that way though so maybe now I can have an excuse

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel Cox said:

Los Alamos, so still a little ways from 4 corners.  Lol  I haven't done many rides that way though so maybe now I can have an excuse

Rite on man im over in farmington area. Ive bever been up past south fork because of work. But would be awesome to ride up that way. Let you know later this year. 

• 3 months later...
414RiderInThe303

I'm brand new to the forum, MT-07 and kind of new to Denver.  I am down to go for a couple short rides around the Denver area. Eventually I would like to go on a full day trip through the mountains and plan a group ride down to the Durango area to go check out the Million Dollar Highway.  Let me know if any of you want to go out one of these upcoming weekends for a ride or if you have any ride suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, new to the forum. Just picked up a 2015 FZ-07 and having a blast on it so far. I’m in the Denver area as well.

• 3 years later...
Vanderwho

Looks like this thread needs some love.

As posted under New Member Introductions, I picked up my Team Yamaha blue '24 last month. It's my 22nd bike. I'm in the Morrison area.

Favorite short ride: from Golden, up highway 93 to 72 (Coal Creek Canyon) up to 119 and into Nederland for lunch. Then down 119 to 46 and through Golden Gate Canyon state park and back into Golden. 63 miles of twisty bliss (but not this time of year).

For a little longer route: 285 west ("south") to Pine Junction, then down Pine Valley road (highway 126) to Deckers. Then highway 67 to Woodland Park for lunch. 140 miles by the time you return to Morrison. (Also not a great winter option.)

I've been riding Colorado, with a few brief hiatuses, since 1975. Mostly the mountains, the Western Slope and the Front Range canyons, but with Tour of Honor rides and Iron Butt certificate rides, I've ridden the plains out east, too.

Happy to answer any questions out-of-state visitors might have.

Hope to see some MT-07-riding brethren out there!

• 1 month later...
Vanderwho

Hey,

I've been thinking it would be cool to meet up with a like-minded FZ/MT pilot for some Front Range rides. Maybe someone 50+, plenty of experience, likes twisties at a 7/10 pace. (That's me, except I'm 65.) It's always safer to ride with a buddy, in case of an emergency, as long as no one is riding beyond their abilities to keep up with someone else. So ping me if you'd be a decent match.

I'm heading out in a few to do Clear Creek Canyon, Hwy 119 and Golden Gate Canyon...