The MT-07 Forum

New to FZ-07 | Colorado

cloud

Hi All, 

New to FZ and Colorado. I bought a grey 2016 FZ-07 a couple of months ago. Now that it's warming up I'm excited to actually break it in! I'm coming off of a '14 Triumph Street Triple (which was totaled due to water damage from an underground garage flood). Before that I was on a '11 Aprilia Shiver and I messed with 70's CB's before that. Honestly, I miss the hell out of my Triumph but I'm optimistic that this was a good/smart change of direction. 

I moved from NYC recently where I commuted daily on the moto. Excited to explore the mountain's and not almost die via taxi cab every day. The FZ is still stock besides doing the DIY exhaust mod to up the DB's for now. In coming month's I'm looking at:
The basics - frame sliders, fender eliminator, flush mount blinkers, CRG lane splitter bar end mirrors. 
TST integrated rear light
Woodcraft clip-on's (+ rear sets if necessary)
Gen-X sport screen
Full Exhaust (who know's, Black Widow?)
Intake + ECU flash
Sticky rubber + we'll see if I warm up to the neon. I may powder coat the wheels black. 

I caught the track bug right before leaving NY so I'm excited to explore that here once the bike is broken in. 

Thanks for having me, 
Conrad

Screen_Shot_2016_01_25_at_3_39_48_PM.png

Heeey, welcome!!! Sorry for your Triumph... that is the bike I'll get in the future, when economically I get more stable, hehe.

Meanwhile, same colour, and I just arrived to NYC! So I feel you when commuting everyday, it's what I'm doing! Good luck in CO, keep us posted, Bro!

Safe riding!

• Premium Member
I caught the track bug right before leaving NY so I'm excited to explore that here once the bike is broken in. 
Welcome @cloud: For track days, check out the schedules at
High Plains Raceway
Pike Peak International Raceway
Pueblo Motorsports Park

I've ridden motorcycles on the Pueblo track (top speed was 174 mph down the straight!), and I've been in a car at PPIR -- both are really fun tracks. Pueblo is smaller and narrower with tighter turns; PPIR is more open with a long straight and a huge sweeping banked turn, but the infield can be pretty tight, depending on how they set up the road course.

I've never been to HPR, but I have friends who have both ridden motorcycles and driven cars there who say HPR is da' bomb!

Cheers!

Awesome guys, thanks.
@hamster head down to Union Garage in Red Hook Brooklyn (uniongaragenyc.com) when you get a chance. Tell them Conrad sent you. Great people/gear shop/community.

@jmacas87 , it's pretty early to tell since I only have 100 miles on the FZ. The Street Triple fit me perfectly and seemed to be great for everything I threw at it, commuting, canyons, track, even long days in the saddle on trips. I loved the feel and powerband of the triple and the build quality. Even though it wasn't the R version, it still handled really well. It's class leading and costlier for good reason. It was definitely an upgrade from the Aprilia Shiver which is an awesome bike in its own right.

We'll, see. I dig the lightness, flickability, and torque so far. I'm hoping with Woodcraft clipons and a track day I'll fall in love with it.

Thanks @piebald Definitely checking those out. Both sound fun. I'm excited that the nearest tracks are closer than 3 hours like in NYC.

Awesome guys, thanks. @hamster head down to Union Garage in Red Hook Brooklyn (uniongaragenyc.com) when you get a chance. Tell them Conrad sent you. Great people/gear shop/community.

@jmacas87 , it's pretty early to tell since I only have 100 miles on the FZ. The Street Triple fit me perfectly and seemed to be great for everything I threw at it, commuting, canyons, track, even long days in the saddle on trips. I loved the feel and powerband of the triple and the build quality. Even though it wasn't the R version, it still handled really well. It's class leading and costlier for good reason. It was definitely an upgrade from the Aprilia Shiver which is an awesome bike in its own right.

We'll, see. I dig the lightness, flickability, and torque so far. I'm hoping with Woodcraft clipons and a track day I'll fall in love with it.

Thanks @piebald Definitely checking those out. Both sound fun. I'm excited that the nearest tracks are closer than 3 hours like in NYC.

Thx, yeap, gotta visit for sure! It was on my "to do" list since I arrived! Hehehe, good reminder!

Safe riding!

Archived