The MT-07 Forum

DT-07 Street tracker in Cycle World

markstertt

Cycle World mag has on it's latest cover what has to be one of the coolest street trackers around, Jeff Palhegyi's  dirt tracker for Yamaha only it's street legal. At about 300# and between 75-85 hp (I'm guessing) this would have to be a blast. The article just makes me want one even more, I'd like to know but kind of afraid to ask what that rolling chassis would cost, if Yamaha would offer something really close for production it'd be on my very short list of motorcycles I need to have. What do you think?

I read the article, interesting read.

DT07_Street_Tracker?format=750w

[/img]Jeff Palhegyi also designed Yamaha's promo FZ-07 dirt tracker of 2015 vintage.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/yamaha-dt-07-flat-track-concept-aimexpo/

I really like the concepts, but there's no way that these prototypes can meet the increasingly stringent safety and environmental standards required in the world marketplace. Best they can do to meet regulations is a <400 lb bike with circa 75 hp, that = FZ-07/MT-07... ripe for tuners and modifiers to make their own changes.

Any word on how this bike is faring on the track against the rest of the pack? I'm especially curious to know if it can give a Harley, XG750R a run for it's money. ;)

Beemer

I agree on the production and regulation hurdles that would castrate such a machine before it got to us and thanks for posting the picture. I would think Yamaha could make a close approximation of this machine that would be desirable to the masses and closer to the real deal for those who like to modify..Kawasaki may be missing the boat here with not coming out with a street tracker look alike for the 650 twin that Bryan Smith is riding and beating the Harleys on, however, after owning an FZ-07, the Yamaha would be my first choice without a doubt. Harley missed the boat in the '80's with the XR-1000, I was so hoping it was going to be styled after the XR-750 but no, it was just a sportster with Branch flowed heads, dual carbs and sexy hi dirt track style pipes. I actually rode one for about a year while a deceased friends widow decided what to do with his collection. It was way to heavy for my likes and hard to get in and out of my patio parking.

Beemer, I've been watching last years GNC races and have seen hide nor hair of the Yamaha, I know they are out there and am hoping the 2017 season will produce some. I don't know what the new flat track format will do for the Yamaha, it looks like what was GNC2 is now going to be singles only and GNC will be called 'Twins' and the whole series is now called 'American Flat-Track, they're making a real push to revive the flat-track racing and I sure hope it works out for all concerned.

• 3 months later...

Archived