The MT-07 Forum

Dashboard backlight flicker

fudokanconway

fudokanconway

Hi guys,
Been having a back light issue on the dashboard for the past few weeks. It flickers constantly. Anyone have this issue?

• Global Moderator
Hi guys, Been having a back light issue on the dashboard for the past few weeks. It flickers constantly. Anyone have this issue?

Havent heard anything about this before, id suggest dealer involvement if youre still in your warranty

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Not I but always check the easiest things first. (so said a non dealership mechanic (my dad) years ago) I suppose that would be the connections in this case. GL!

Beemer

Not I but always check the easiest things first. (so said a non dealership mechanic (my dad) years ago) I suppose that would be the connections in this case. GL!
Agreed wouldn't hurt to make sure the plug on the back is securely seated and clipped in.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
sidenslideways

Mine started doing the same thing last night. Went to dealer, still under extended dealer warranty, but they are giving me the run around on replacement. They also said that IF they had to replace it, my current mileage would not be able to be programmed and I would have to keep track of miles and add them to the new display that would come from the factory as zero. This all sounds like B.S. to me as the dealer not wanting to stand behind Their warranty. But they told me to check battery cables, and back cluster connections before a step is taken to replace. I work afternoons, so riding home at midnight the disco strobe dash is not good for me.

• 2 weeks later...
sidenslideways

Called Yamaha North America the other day. They confirmed the mileage IS stored on the display unit. So in the event of a failure and replacement, past mileage must be recorded and added.

Archived