The MT-07 Forum

What is your opinion on the 6 hole exhaust mod ?

darthyam

i did it to mine and with zero regerts. (no regerts yo) drop a line im curious to see what everyone has to say.

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen

Like it!  Basically free.  No need for remapping or fuel controller, bike runs great no loss of fuel economy.  If you do it, make sure you take your time and do it right.  Make sure to use a step drill after drilling a pilot hole.  

Not really sure just what this consists of.  I already have an aftermarket on mine but now I'm curious.  Can someone post a pic or link with more info on it?

• Premium Member

Just curious, what is this mods purpose? Sound?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Since i did it to mine, bike runs even better. Fuel efficiency is same, but bike runs between 167-178* compared to 189+ before. I dont care for sound just did it to help bike

Ya just a little more sound.  For me, just enough the deer can hear me better on my commute to work and you can actually hear the bike to make it easier to ride - know when to shift.  Not real loud - but about half way between stock exhaust and an aftermarket setup.

It's basically for sound, yea. Some argue that it messes with fuel economy, but I've noticed no difference. I can post pics when I get my bike back

Doesn't seem bad for a free mod if you just want a little more sound out of it. I personally couldn't wait to get rid of the stock exhaust though partly because I thought it was hideous.

No doubt it can make a stock exhaust louder but other than butt-dyno claims, I can't find any proof it makes a bike run better or cooler. Anyone have any real dyno stats on that? I'm also curious to know if doing that can cause premature, internal rusting.

Beemer

Not sure on the performance claims, but i do know it makes others hear me and that is the only reason i did it. i can guarantee it will rust if you don't cover the holes with some kind of paint or rust inhibitor. safety first. lol

-Steve McQueen

100% done for sound.  

-Steve McQueen

I did it to mine. If you look the sound improvement VS the price, it an awesome mod. But I found the sound to be a little annoying to my ears. there is a high pitch in it and it was not very funny on long ride.... Now I have a MIVV OVAL CARBON for a cheap price vs others exhausts and it is totally AWESOME. nothing to do with the 6 hole mods.

• Premium Member

One of the truly subjective mods. Obviously, some love it, others... not so much.

Reminds me of when my dad would put new mufflers on my mom's car (any of 'em) and the next time he'd drive it he'd get stopped by the gestapo.  Mother would immediately crawl under the things (after the new mufflers were installed) with her trusty hammer and punch.  ;-)  Once, the Ol' Man got a ticket!  He was SOOOOOO happy!  Eventually, dad got smart enough to install short glass-packs they could both live with, as could the neighborhood cop.

almost all the cops in my area ride bikes and are pro loud pipes here, thank god. lol

-Steve McQueen

Archived