The MT-07 Forum

Anyone tried this one?

bigdaddybane

did you watch it from jake the garden snake? lol. because i did. and im planning on purchasing it myself :P
Yeah ... I saw it in Jake's video.  :D

Also just saw this haha. How well does it compare to 2wheeldyno
I think it's very similar but IMO this kit offers a way greater flexibility. The price is almost identical, no need for shipping the unit back and forth and the best thing is you can fine tune ECU the way you want it ...  

Also just saw this haha. How well does it compare to 2wheeldyno
I think it's very similar but IMO this kit offers a way greater flexibility. The price is almost identical, no need for shipping the unit back and forth and the best thing is you can fine tune ECU the way you want it ...   

How exactly are you going to fine tune an ECU, care to explain?

People have a hard time tuning their EJK that has like 6 parameters to figure out. You make it sound like the hard part of tuning an ECU is getting to the ECU. No, the hard part is getting the tuning right. And that simply comes through continuous dyno-testing, trial and error. That's the job of a professional tuner, that's what they're getting paid for.

If you're just going to slap on a Power Commander map I really don't see the point. And I really can't see anybody without some tuning expertise doing anything more than that. So, I think that flashing your ECU is still the way to go. Of course the ActiveTune suggested is another deal and would probably be the best of both worlds, but I bet it doesn't come cheap. 

People have a hard time tuning their EJK that has like 6 parameters to figure out. You make it sound like the hard part of tuning an ECU is getting to the ECU. No, the hard part is getting the tuning right. And that simply comes through continuous dyno-testing, trial and error. That's the job of a professional tuner, that's what they're getting paid for.

If you're just going to slap on a Power Commander map I really don't see the point. And I really can't see anybody without some tuning expertise doing anything more than that. So, I think that flashing your ECU is still the way to go. Of course the ActiveTune suggested is another deal and would probably be the best of both worlds, but I bet it doesn't come cheap. 

Good or bad, power commander map is a starting point. I'm almost 100% positive people will be able to share their settings in the future which is a great thing. As seen in the video, you can adjust different parameters while still remaining in the "safe" zone. All I'm saying, you don't need to be an expert in order to figure out how to properly tune your engine ... otherwise products like this one wouldn't exist. I tend to disagree that ECU flash is the only way to go. For people interested in playing with this stuff, it could be a good news ... would you agree?  

Agreed 100%.

@2wheeldynoworks can chime in.

that was my thought exactly. I rather have a tested working tune from someone who spent time doing it. then slapping in this and that clicking yes no and then butt dyno it.

I still will most likely go with 2wd. but instead of sending it in if i change something they may be able to help mod the tune they have done.

Also.. what is stopping this device from taking a tune from 2wd and then giving it to other people? that cuts out 2wd?

@bigdaddybane

I totally agree that a flash is not the only way to go. Each method has its pros and cons. I've got an EJK on my bike after all.
And of course more choices is always a good thing. I just think it's wrong for people to get the impression that they'll buy this gadget and they'll become a moto tuner in a day. I'm pretty sure that even the people selling this product would agree with me on that.

Good or bad, power commander map is a starting point. I'm almost 100% positive people will be able to share their settings in the future which is a great thing. As seen in the video, you can adjust different parameters while still remaining in the "safe" zone. All I'm saying, you don't need to be an expert in order to figure out how to properly tune your engine ... otherwise products like this one wouldn't exist. I tend to disagree that ECU flash is the only way to go. For people interested in playing with this stuff, it could be a good news ... would you agree?  

How would you know if the changes you made were actually effective other than relying on your butt dyno?

How would you know if the changes you made were actually effective other than relying on your butt dyno?
LOL ... ride your bike. In the past 6-7 months I went through so many changes on my EJK ... not too far from recommended settings but different enough to fit my taste. 

Plus, anyone can buy the flashtunes cable kit from flashtunes directly, but that doesn't get you the good tunes. Stick with 2wdw or EJK, in my opinion.

I get 7-8 tuners per year wanting to advertise on here. With 2wdw, Hordepower and Dobeck/EJK we already have the best on the business, right here giving you guys the best value for the money already. These vendors we have were handpicked by me because of their expert quality, top customer service and dedication to this forum and it's members.

I could be like other forums and add 30 vendors and everyone who wants to make a quick buck off you guys, but Cruizin don't play that. I only pick da best!

I just watched a YT video and this ECU flash kit seems to be pretty darn good. The best thing, you can fine-tune it the way you like ....  

http://www.veloxracing.com/wp/product/ftdl9-ftecu-flashtune-kit-for-yamaha-mt07-fz07-2015-2016/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

4_P_Bike_Side_Kit_Large.jpg

instant image hosting

This kit by flashtunes can be ordered directly from flashtunes. I have seen peeps blow their engines trying to tune by themselves. Engine parameters are for real. Lean it out too much or what not, don't blame me when you hear that loud BANG!

Either way when you send your ECU to have it tuned by someone the tune will not be absolutely perfect. There are so many variables that go into tuning. They may have it tuned perfectly for "their" geographic location and then you get it and it may run leaner or richer depending on altitude, air temp, humidity and the list goes on. For example: the PCV map I am running now was tested at their company in Nevada, well I am in Kentucky so it's going to run completely different due to altitude. Their research center has an altitude of 1,987ft, my altitude is 839ft. So that means their map is going to be leaner in my application just due to altitude. This spring I plan on bumping up my fuel tables 2 to 5 points richer across the board. Timing though on the other hand is something I'm not going to get into.

So basically what I'm getting at here is there is no company that can sell you a tuned ECU or a fuel map for a PCV or what have you that will be perfectly setup out of the box for your location. It's only a "Baseline" that is close enough to your mods not to mess your engine up. In order for it to be tuned perfectly to your specific geographic location, you would need to take your bike to a local tuner and you would be surprised how different that fuel map would look compared to what you downloaded.

With that being said, I do wish I would have found this first before the PCV just due to how much cleaner the setup is.

Archived