The MT-07 Forum

Stock Exhaust or Aftermarket?

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Poll:  How many FZ-07 riders out there still run the stock exhaust and like it?  How many have changed to aftermarket systems, or plan to change?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I ordered the Akrapovic carbon system the day I bought the bike, it makes riding it soooo much more fun. The bike is way too quiet with the factory exhaust. I don't think I could live with this bike if I was forced to keep the factory exhaust. Night and day difference.

• Like 1

You need a poll option for those who HAD aftermarket and changed back to stock. Which is me.

• Like 1

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
You need a poll option for those who HAD aftermarket and changed back to stock. Which is me.
Thanks duenan, never thought of that.   :)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

AlbatrossCafe

I currently have Akra Carbon, baffle out. I switched at 1000 miles, ran it baffle-in till about 8k. Cut the baffle a bit and ran that till 12k. I have been baffle out since and its now almost 16k.

I commute about 30-45 min each way for work. Honestly, I am getting pretty sick of the volume. I run earplugs in every time, but it is still too after 10 minutes or so, or if an earplug isn't seated properly. It just gives me a headache.
With the baffle, I could run the Akra without earplugs for short trips. Longer trips I still used earplugs. NOTE: It is not the sound quality I dislike, but the volume.

With the stock, it was almost ridiculous how quiet that thing was. I didn't have to even think about it. It's too bad because I do like the weight savings and the responsiveness that the Akra gives me, but I do miss the stock volume. I may want to go back...

• Like 1

Guest 2wheeler
With the stock, it was almost ridiculous how quiet that thing was. I didn't have to even think about it. It's too bad because I do like the weight savings and the responsiveness that the Akra gives me, but I do miss the stock volume. I may want to go back...
I'm running the stock exhaust with the inside portion of the snorkel removed and a MWR air filter. It actually sounds pretty good when you are getting into the throttle - much better than with the snorkel completely removed. Overall, it's still fairly quiet though. 
I have a 2WDW flash for a stock exhaust with no snorkel, and the overall combo works well.

Nice compromise of a bit of intake noise with an overall stealthy sound, and great power.

• Like 4

hugson2wheels

I run an Akrapovic titanium no baffle. Sounds epic! And people hear me then see me. Especially the ones texting and driving. ?

• Like 3

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

I run an Akrapovic titanium no baffle. Sounds epic! And people hear me then see me. Especially the ones texting and driving. ?

Yeah, I still haven't hear in person one, even though it's common... haven't seen more FZ-07 on the roads in these months riding...
  • Like 2

Safe riding!

Bought my bike slightly used and it came with an Acra Ti system on, the unused stock exhaust I got is unused and on the shelf in my garage. Run it baffle in as I thought it was too much otherwise.

• Like 2

hugson2wheels

Yeah I agree it's loud as hell.... But I use ear buds to listen to music so the ear buds block a lot of the exhaust sound. I actually trimmed the baffle tubes flush so it should be louder than stock baffle yet quieter without baffle. I might put it back on. Although I doubt that will last long. The sound is addictive. And I like that people hear me coming. I had a girl blow a stop sign and then she froze up and stopped in the middle of Hempstead turnpike!!! I had to break HARD and the entire time (two seconds and about twenty five feet) I was thinking about the best way to fall if I couldn't stop in time. The dumb ass had her phone propped up on the steering wheel so she could steer and text. ?

• Like 1

Lets just admit it, we all like a bike that sounds great and everyone likes a little attention so aftermarket exhaust for the win!

ferris_bueller_go_home.jpg

• Like 2

Beemer

hugson2wheels

The best attention is the type that could save you from road rash, broken bones and a f@cked up bike. ?

• Like 2

The best attention is the type that could save you from road rash, broken bones and a f@cked up bike. ?
Agreed! I bet the guy riding the bike in the Helite airbag video would agree, too. ;) 
  • Like 2

Beemer

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I bought my bike from a dealer here in AZ with an Akra Ti with no baffle. I absolutely love how it sounds!

• Like 2

- xCarbonSteelx

• 4 months later...

I run a Black Widow exhaust on mine coupled with an ECU flash from 2WDW. I love everything about it so far.

Link

Mv8_HNRc_Imgur.jpg
NAY5_HNE_Imgur.jpg

• Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Greg Zumbehl said:

Has or will your slip on turned blue?.

Looks like a quality piece of work

Hello! After almost 9k miles, still looking the same! Not titanium, so still steel color! Very happy with it!

Safe riding!

On 2/2/2017 at 5:57 PM, foothills said:

Stock exhaust with the  "3/8 inch holes" mod - good compromise, like it.

Hey, I’m thinking about doing the same. How is it running ? Anything negative? Did you do the 3 holes above and below as most ? Thanks for you response In advance, Mike

• 7 months later...

I'd love to put something on my 2019 for a deeper, more soulful sound. I also really like the quietness of the stock. It would be great to find something to improve the quality of sound without adding much volume..