The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Carbon Baffle Out Stock ECU

philthyphil

After much debate I finally made up my mind on which exhaust/fueling solution to go with. I decided to go with the Akrapovic Carbon for the exhaust and a 2wheeldynoworks ECU flash for the fueling/air mixture side of things. I've just received my Akrapovic system this morning and now I'm itching to get in installed. I still haven't made plans to send my ECU off to be flashed but that will be happening in the near future. I've read that the Akrapovic Carbon system runs decently on the FZ-07 without any flash at all because of the way that the pipe is tuned with the loop that is integrated into it. Regardless of how well it runs I will still be having my ECU flashed, but my question is... Will I do any damage to my bike's engine by running the Akrapovic exhaust with the baffle out temporarily without the flashed ECU? Is there a chance that I could cause any damage by running it even with the baffle in without the flashed ECU?

I'm asking this because I would like to install the exhaust and try it out before I send in my ECU. I would like to test it with the baffle in, and with it out. So am I running any real risk of messing anything up by doing this?

I think you'll be fine running it with or without baffle. The bike will probably just run lean but I doubt it would do any permanent damage. I'm running mine baffle in without a tune and I haven't noticed any issues so far. Not even a check engine light.

I just picked up my 2016 FZ07 used and the previous owner has been running this same setup Akrapovic Carbon w/out baffle and stock ECU for 3000km and has stated it runs fine. I'm not sure as I really haven't test driven the bike yet but I'm debating on getting a flash or fuel commander to make sure she's running good.

However being that I bought the bike used the DB killer wasn't included with the bike so I'm looking for one if anyone would like to sell me there's!? I'll pay for shipping as I'm located in Canada

I just picked up my 2016 FZ07 used and the previous owner has been running this same setup Akrapovic Carbon w/out baffle and stock ECU for 3000km and has stated it runs fine. I'm not sure as I really haven't test driven the bike yet but I'm debating on getting a flash or fuel commander to make sure she's running good.  
However being that I bought the bike used the DB killer wasn't included with the bike so I'm looking for one if anyone would like to sell me there's!? I'll pay for shipping as I'm located in Canada
i ran mine without for a month or two. ran fine. got an ecu flash. it is the best mod in my opinion. bike is so smooth.

Archived