The MT-07 Forum

Feeler: Custom turn signal electronics

huntb

Just wanted to put out a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in some custom electronics for their rear turn signals. I currently have a prototype board built and have written some code to make sequential turn signals in the rear (or strobe or whatever pattern you would like programmable via a switch on the PCB). You would need to do some modifications to populate the LED's but I can provide all of the information on how to do it and how to wire it up. I can get a couple videos of the prototype working to if anyone wants to see it in action. You would need to have turn signals like these  or something similar. I can either provide these presoldered or for a discount I can provide the PCB and components separately.

Let me know if anyone wants more information!

-Ben

I might be interested. I'm interested in the program/board you have made up. Got pics and more info?
Here are a couple of pics. First one is the prototype board running through the startup sequence and the second is the 1st production version I'll be getting for my bike. It will take a little bit of DIY effort to install the LED's and wire the connectors but other than that, it's plug and play. 

Hey man, your pics didnt work. All ya gotta do is click "add image to post" and then choose upload from computer, then choose your pics. When you upload, it dumps the pic code right into your post.

• 1 month later...

You'd think an engineer could figure this out... Let's try from Tapatalk

bafd09f07b7d8c806327e307abb4c99e.jpg

5584c3d5fc065d3b5561003c96ee3743.jpg

Let me know if that worked. I have boards and components on order. I should have three built up next week sometime

I might be interested but when I try to go on the link for Your turn signals it just brings me back to this thread, and for a forum I would suggest you to put a video of it working. I see the purpose of the board but I an electrical engineering student but most people will just see drawings on that!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to a little video of the signals in action. This is just some benchtop testing but hopefully you get the picture.

• Premium Member

@BHunt Impressive!

Which makes me feel sad that I was thinking I'm an engineer when I soldered up my LED Christmas Tree kit. :)

Have you seen the light kits that allow you to change modes just by waving a magnet past the light? That would be a nice addition to the functionality.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

@bhunt Impressive!  
Which makes me feel sad that I was thinking I'm an engineer when I soldered up my LED Christmas Tree kit. :)

Have you seen the light kits that allow you to change modes just by waving a magnet past the light? That would be a nice addition to the functionality.
Haha thank you! I actually have the Proton 500 signals that change with a magnet on the front of my bike. It wouldn't be as practical on my design becaise you would still have to open up your passenger pillon to get to the electronics. My board has a small pushbutton on it to change the modes and if this gets more interest I will design a small hole in the enclosure for a paper clip to fit in that will actuate the switch to change modes (instead of having to open up the box to press the switch). I should have this installed on my bike Friday so stay tuned for another video update.

Further down the road I will probably modify the design to use amber and red LED's so that they can be red for running lights and amber for turn signals.

Archived