The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha comfort seat

redrover

NICKY NEON

for the people who own the comfort seat was it better then the stock seat and is it worth $200?

I bought mine with it. Cant say about the feel and ride of the stock but my red bike looks sexy with it. Totally worth it for me.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Wish they offered one without the red stitching. My bike has nothing red on it except the preload shock and that's gonna change shortly.

Black shoe polish or even a sharpie would solve the red stitching problem
  • Like 2

-HowWorkClutch

Why does this only come in red? I find that totally bizarre. If it had black, blue, grey, white, etc I would have bought one already. Really sucks. :(

• Premium Member

Ordered mine a few days ago...the Corbin seat was my first choice but it looks to keep me from moving around in the seat for hitting corners...and yes after 3hrs the stock seat becomes concrete...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

NICKY NEON

is the comfort seat better then the stock seat and is it worth $200?

Why does this only come in red? I find that totally bizarre. If it had black, blue, grey, white, etc I would have bought one already. Really sucks. :(

Hey guys,

For those looking at purchasing the comfort seat please also consider the seat concepts seat. (Supporting vendors on this forum) a few of us got in for their launch special and I would highly recommend!
They have a few options available and customizable stitching.

I got the 'grippy version' with carbon fibre inserts and silver stitching to go on my Matte Grey bike. Looks very nice and is great on the longer trips... Would highly recommend!!!

This pic isn't of my bike but is the standard black trim and grippy seat.

a3f8e189bff36bee9e67c9058849c0cb.jpg

is the comfort seat better then the stock seat and is it worth $200? 

I'm making a sport-tourer out of my FZ, and need a saddle I can be comfortable on most all day, for 3-4 days in a row. I'm 60yo & 230 lbs.

I liked the shape of the stock seat and for a few weeks I thought I could live with it. The foam softens with use. Then I noticed it felt hard in places after a couple of hours in the saddle. Seemed like I was sitting on the bottom pan. Foam too soft for my weight.

I read about the comfort seat & ordered one. Same basic shape & thickness, but noticeably firmer foam. It felt great for short & half-day rides. Its a very good-looking seat with the blue frame. The top material shows boot scuff marks that don't seem to go away after cleaning. Be careful you don't drag the edge of your boot against it. The oem seat cover is much more forgiving of boot scuffs from short legs.

I rode a 3-day, ~1000-mile trip recently. A good test for me. It felt fine until the 3rd day. Then I was noticing a couple of hot spots. My "sitz bones" and old enlarged prostate think the foam is too firm. I'm considering removing a little foam in those areas. Then get a friend (custom seat builder) to send me a 1/2" thick piece of medium-density memory foam to add on top. :-)

The Yamaha comfort seat is a nice-looking addition with the same shape & thickness as oem, but with firmed foam. If you can keep your boots off it, it will continue to look great!

Catfish ...

• Premium Member

I have come to the conclusion that I may go thru a few different seats before finding the one...I can read all the reviews I want but every butt is differ...

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Hey guys, 
For those looking at purchasing the comfort seat please also consider the seat concepts seat. (Supporting vendors on this forum) a few of us got in for their launch special and I would highly recommend!
They have a few options available and customizable stitching.

I got the 'grippy version' with carbon fibre inserts and silver stitching to go on my Matte Grey bike. Looks very nice and is great on the longer trips... Would highly recommend!!!

This pic isn't of my bike but is the standard black trim and grippy seat.

a3f8e189bff36bee9e67c9058849c0cb.jpg
Dude, yes! Know of any discount codes?

• Premium Member

The seat is way more dense and it's feels taller prolly due to the denser foam used...overall comfort is good..have yet to take the bike out for a 3hr plus ride yet...I will try to get a 3hr plus ride in this weekend and report back with pics after photobucket.com stops acting up with trying to load the website due to a DNS error

• Premium Member

After a week of having the seat..longest ride of the weekend was 45 mins and the seat is still more comfy than stock...I think a lot of ppl may feel a new seat is worse cuz it takes your body a few days to adjust to a seat just like it is when you buy a new bed or shoes...it takes a few days to break in...the grip is excellent when using leathers...it got the perfect combo of grip when I needed it and it also slippery when I need to slide my butt around for attacking corners...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I agree. I like the red, but others colors, especially color match stitching, would be better

• 7 months later...

I have one of these on my black bike - Red stitching looks nice but more importantly I am much more comfortable. The foam is firmer which makes it feel less comfy at first but my butt settles in nicely without compressing the foam completely. I'm ~200 lbs and the original seat would flatten right out after 45 minutes or so- I went for a couple 2-3 hour rides since and have been much happier. Still not sure I'd look forward to a whole day ride but I may just be a big baby.
Also - My wife finds the rear seat much more comfortable with this so that makes it worth the money to me.

• Premium Member

My butt likes it. Seat-Concepts also gets really nice reviews.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I want one and have been tempted since I testrode the shops bike that had it. What's held me up is that I don't have any real issues with the stock seat and other things have got higher prio. But sooner or later, probably sooner I will get one.

Is seat concepts even still around?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member
Yup...?

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the newest link since the one above didn't work for me : 
Seat Concepts

My question is how hard was it swap out the old cushion and cover? I'm no upholsterer....

• Global Moderator
Here is the newest link since the one above didn't work for me : 
Seat Concepts

My question is how hard was it swap out the old cushion and cover? I'm no upholsterer....

I paid an upholsterer $30 to do it for me. If you have a pneumatic stapler it looks pretty easy to do yourself.
  • Like 1

yamaha obviously knew that the seat not comfortable otherwise they wouldn't need to offer comfort seat.

yamaha obviously knew that the seat not comfortable otherwise they wouldn't need to offer comfort seat.
At just south of $300...for a mediocre looking seat no less.