Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
redrover

Yamaha comfort seat

jbone
Is seat concepts even still around?
Here is the newest link since the one above didn't work for me : 
Seat Concepts

My question is how hard was it swap out the old cushion and cover? I'm no upholsterer....

mjh937
Is seat concepts even still around?
Here is the newest link since the one above didn't work for me : 
Seat Concepts

My question is how hard was it swap out the old cushion and cover? I'm no upholsterer....

I paid an upholsterer $30 to do it for me. If you have a pneumatic stapler it looks pretty easy to do yourself.
  • Like 1

bugeyes
Just ordered my Yamaha comfort seat :)

johnakay
yamaha obviously knew that the seat not comfortable otherwise they wouldn't need to offer comfort seat.

jbone
yamaha obviously knew that the seat not comfortable otherwise they wouldn't need to offer comfort seat.
At just south of $300...for a mediocre looking seat no less.

stevebtx12
My comfort seat will be in today, I will give a report after a few rides on it. I usually go for 1 to 2 hour rides.

stevebtx12
After about 200 miles on the Yamaha comfort seat, I'll just say it is hard still, but better than stock, and it feels like it will break in more with extended use. Worth the price to me, I didn't want to spend $400-500 on an aftermarket seat.

digitalsteve
No idea why it's only done with red stitching.

stevebtx12
I totally agree on the red stitching, at least it doesn't look too bad on my gray with yellow trim bike.

Nick82006

As I read through all the various replies to Yamahas Seat short coming, I've noticed most the riders wanting a new seat are 200lbs+ and because of that, the seat develops hot spots after a while.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, 5'2, 150lbs Geared up. My issue since I am a stocky dude, is shape. I could fit 3 of my asscheeks on this OEM seat, allowing WAY to much movement (side to side and front to back) when I give it the beans.

Without going to a custom shop and having some guy measure my cheeks, which seat offers the tightest, most fitted or contoured seat shape?