The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha comfort seat

redrover

My dealer had the comfort seat in stock when I bought my bike, so I had them put it on.  I am very happy with the comfort seat; it has a nice grippy texture, seems more resilient than stock, firm but not hard.  The comfort seat has a nice red contrast stitching, which suits my red bike, but may not be the best look for the other colors...  I didn't have a problem with the stock seat; the comfort seat is just nicer.  Dimensions are the same as the stock seat, mounts the same, etc.

cherribomb0023-Copy_zps22e016d0.jpg

• Like 6

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

• Global Moderator

I may have to do that. It would look sharp on my red bike too. Any chance you could post a picture from the side so I can get an idea of the seat thickness? Thanks.

• Premium Member

With the stock seat, first little bit never bothers me. After about 2 hours is where it starts to suck. Do you have a part number for this?

Would love this with blue stitching. What's the cost and is it any thicker than the stock one or just different material?
Yea, it would look so good with blue stitches. $$$?? 

I may have to do that. It would look sharp on my red bike too. Any chance you could post a picture from the side so I can get an idea of the seat thickness? Thanks.
here ya go; not a seat specific photo when I set up the shot, but it may be useful to you.  I compared the stock seat which I kept, and the comfort seat and they are dimensionally identical, thickness, et al. 

cherribomb001_zps40a81301.jpg
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

Ahhaa only one pic per post 
Its no armchair but after a long ride its more like a playfull slap than a severe spanking ;D
And even on the race blu (liquid graphite as you call it) the red stitching doesnt look too outta place 
mt07_comfort_seat.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So this includes the seat AND passenger pillon? Just noticed red threads on yours, didn't see it before.

Everything went braap.

So this includes the seat AND passenger pillon? Just noticed red threads on yours, didn't see it before.
Yep, pillion has the same moulding for the toolkit and straps attached
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Excellent.. thanks! I use the straps on my commute so good to know.

Everything went braap.

• 2 weeks later...

gonna call my local dealership tomorrow with part number in hand and see what they tell me......looks good on the graphite/blue.

What windscreen is that and where did you get it? That thing looks amazing.  

another side shot: 

007_zps977abb3b.jpg
That's the Yamaha accessory cowl, dealer available.  Got mine on ebay from Honda East Toledo, free shipping, etc.

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

• 2 weeks later...
My dealer had the comfort seat in stock when I bought my bike, so I had them put it on.  I am very happy with the comfort seat; it has a nice grippy texture, seems more resilient than stock, firm but not hard.  The comfort seat has a nice red contrast stitching, which suits my red bike, but may not be the best look for the other colors...  I didn't have a problem with the stock seat; the comfort seat is just nicer.  Dimensions are the same as the stock seat, mounts the same, etc. 
cherribomb0023-Copy_zps22e016d0.jpg
Super Cool to see such a nicely styled comfort factory accessory. Great to have the part number to help with the search since it dosen't seem to show on the U.S. Yamaha accessory catalog.  
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just got mine in the mail today. Looks and feels really nice, much better than the stock seat. I found a few dealers on ebay that carry them. Mine was $267.84 after tax and shipping to California.

Here is the link, there are a few more if you do a search.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-Factory-Comfort-Saddle-Seat-New-1WS-F47C0-V0-00-/400805897042?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d51e4a352&vxp=mtr

• 4 weeks later...

The bike I test drove must have had the comfort seat on it....I noticed the difference about 5 minutes after taking delivery of my bike....I thought...."hey, wait a dang minute, this is not the same seat I remember sitting on"........

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Wish they offered one without the red stitching. My bike has nothing red on it except the preload shock and that's gonna change shortly.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I just got mine in the mail today. Looks and feels really nice, much better than the stock seat. I found a few dealers on ebay that carry them. Mine was $267.84 after tax and shipping to California. 
Here is the link, there are a few more if you do a search.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-Factory-Comfort-Saddle-Seat-New-1WS-F47C0-V0-00-/400805897042?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d51e4a352&vxp=mtr

Almost a month in was it worth the investment?  Is it something that you would purchase again?

• 3 months later...

To those of you who either own or have seen this seat in person: is the top (seating) surface suede like or is it just textured leather? It definitely has a more premium look to it. But, my biggest gripe about the factory seat is sliding around on it too much. So, if I'm going to spend $250 to replace a brand new seat it has to have that major improvement. I really appreciate any first hand info you can provide. Thanks!

To those of you who either own or have seen this seat in person: is the top (seating) surface suede like or is it just textured leather? It definitely has a more premium look to it. But, my biggest gripe about the factory seat is sliding around on it too much. So, if I'm going to spend $250 to replace a brand new seat it has to have that major improvement. I really appreciate any first hand info you can provide. Thanks!
I bought it for the same reason as you.  Both seats are both textured man-made fabric. The comfort surface is less shiny, may be thicker material, and may have a more coarse finish, but I can't discern any differences in surface friction by running a finger over it.  I haven't ridden on it yet so I can't tell if differences in the foam part helps to prevent sliding around or not.