Sign in to follow this  
alexj

K&N filter

alexj
I have a 2016 FZ-07 with a M4 slip on exhaust. Had my ECU flashed by 2WDW and am wondering if I install the K&N filter will it have any effect on my tune? Thanks for your help.
Alex

Alex

booboobusfz07
Any changes intake/exhaust wise will affect your tune. Itll still probably run fine but your hest bet is to get it reflashed again.

valvestem
I have a 2016 FZ-07 with a M4 slip on exhaust. Had my ECU flashed by 2WDW and am wondering if I install the K&N filter will it have any effect on my tune? Thanks for your help. Alex         
 Probably not, just let more dirt and contaminants into the engine. The original filter is there for a reason,,, longevity....
                 Ride safe     
                      valvestem

booboobusfz07
I have a 2016 FZ-07 with a M4 slip on exhaust. Had my ECU flashed by 2WDW and am wondering if I install the K&N filter will it have any effect on my tune? Thanks for your help. Alex         
 Probably not, just let more dirt and contaminants into the engine. The original filter is there for a reason,,, longevity....
                 Ride safe     
                      valvestem

Dude this is the most anti mod logic ever.
Yeah yamaha put everything there for a reason, that doesn't mean the aftermarket cant do better. Hmmmm lets see. Brakes, exhaust ,suspension.
  • Like 1

reboot
I have a K&N installed on my bike with a 2WDW flash. The K&N really doesn't change the flow much so no need for reflash. I checked with 2WDW and they said it was fine to leave as is. I am running this with a full Akra,so I would imagine you would be fine as well. Can always chat up 2WDW on it if not sure.

alexj
Thanks guys. I really don't want to pay for another flash.

Alex

mjh937
Thanks guys. I really don't want to pay for another flash.
Additional flashes are free from 2WDW, although I agree you do not need it.  You would only be paying for postage. 

alexj
Good to know.Thank you.

Alex