The MT-07 Forum

5 dollar DNA filter cover

rhb

• Global Moderator
I think fly screen is to restrictive, get something like rabbit size screen which I believe is 1/4" square openings. My local surplus yard has nice stainless screen in this size, looks real nice so you should be able to find something. We drive our Toyota every day and I found rat droppings on the top plastic engine cover, I sure hope they aren't chewing up the wires, if it ain't one thing it's another...
Welp.... just an fyi... most car insurance companies dont cover rodent damage.  as a an apprentice tech, ive seen literally hundreds of cars with chewn through wiring and most insurance companies refused to pay for it.
USAA and Farmers were the only adjusters that even came out to inspect damage,  even then approving  the repairs was a strenuous wait. So be careful. 
Also, warranties laugh at you for even mentioning rodents.   ;) that could get very expensive on modern cars.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
Hahahaha I assure you it gets ridden plenty. Obviously not as much because of the cold.  
I was removing the blue shop towels from the dna filter today and noticed more blue shop towels pieces underneath rear seat cowl. Then I found that these pests chew through the led turn signal wires making the right indicator stop working. I had no idea it wasn't working until I found the chewed through wires. I joined then again temporarily.

I'm off to home depot to find some rat/mice poison. And I guess a fly screen or something.

https://goo.gl/photos/Xy2y6jyA5r3v5ubY6
https://www.mcmaster.com/#9238t56/ would be ideal for both corrosion resistance and lack of airflow restriction 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived