The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Southern Minnesota

ONYXF1R3

Hello everyone. I found this forum while Google searching for stuff related to my 2016 Yamaha FZ-07GS. I came across another forum as well, but comparing the two I chose the better one, so here I am. I've stalked this forum since the middle of last year and decided to join so I could see more of it. I'm hoping to learn more as I go, as well as share what I can when the time comes. As my subject says I'm from a small town in southern Minnesota. I purchased my amazing motorcycle in April of 2016 not long after I took and passed the MSF courses. I sold one of my 2 trucks to buy this bike, and since i had extra money I decided to add a few upgrades, I ordered from RevZilla as well. The list so far in no particular order is:

--CRG RC2 Shorty Levers (brake and clutch) in Red

--Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System in Carbon

--Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen in the Dark Smoke Touring style

--Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

--R&G Racing Radiator Guard

--Bike Master LED H4 Headlight Conversion Kit

--TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Pads

--R&G Racing Read Axle Sliders

--R&G Racing Front Axle Sliders

--R&G Racing Aero Frame Sliders

--Pro Grip 717 Duo Density Grips

--Yamaha R6 factory throttle tube

--2 Wheel DynoWorks flash

I'm still running the Yamalube oil and Yamaha filter, and the stock coolant, but I will be changing it to the Motul 7100 4T Synthetic Engine Oil, K&N Oil Filter KN-204, and Engine Ice High Performance Coolant. Some of the things on the list I have yet to install, due to my bike being in storage for the winter, but as soon as it's nice out I am going to get everything installed, change the fluids, do a thorough PMCS, and go for a ride. It should be obvious I love this bike, but in case anyone is wondering, I love this bike! Haha. Oh and for the record, this is also my first street bike. I figured it's a good start. I'll possibly be looking at that FZ-10 in the future, but who knows what other Yamaha will catch my eye next.

My_bike_01_June_2016_3.jpg

upload picture and get link

Wise choice as a first bike & nice accessories list! But I don't got one thing clear... do you like your bike? ?

Safe riding!

Haha, @hamster I do like this bike. I liked it after the test ride, and fell in love with it after the ECU flash, that alone made it more fun and manageable without the crazy engine braking. I don't see myself selling this so I'm going to enjoy it for many years to come.

Great bike, of course. I asked how long I could have on my test ride: 'up to an hour', he said. I was back to sign up after 15 minutes.

Just do it! 

Where are you from?I live in the twin cities.Bloomington to be exact.I have the same exact bike though I'm thinking about trading it in this spring for an FZ-09.

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy".
Benjamin Franklin.

Hello from Albertville, MN. I also new forum member and street rider. Bought 2015 FZ-07 today! Can't wait for winter to clear.

Archived