The MT-07 Forum

New Member in SoCal

kysager

Hey everyone! I am so stoked to find this forum with lots of good info on this sick new bike from Yamaha. I Currently ride a 2000 KTM Duke that is for sale. I have decided to replace it with the FZ-07 and from the videos and reviews I have seen I will not regret it. Hope to have the new bike by the end of the week! Any tips on the bike or awesome sale prices you other SoCal guys got on your bikes would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome kysager! The FZ07 is a great bike and super-fun to ride! I hope you picked the fastest color, which is rapid red!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome. I know there are quite a few SoCal owners here so hopefully some of them will chime in with the best place to get a good deal. You will love this bike, especially if it is red.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Hey everyone! I am so stoked to find this forum with lots of good info on this sick new bike from Yamaha. I Currently ride a 2000 KTM Duke that is for sale. I have decided to replace it with the FZ-07 and from the videos and reviews I have seen I will not regret it. Hope to have the new bike by the end of the week! Any tips on the bike or awesome sale prices you other SoCal guys got on your bikes would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome kysager, I live in Palm Springs and got my bike from Palm Springs Motorsports.  They are a Yamaha/KTM dealer and only charged me their cost for assembly and delivery which saved me about $1000 compared to other dealerships around Riverside, LA etc.  Let them know Levi sent you and they may even give you a better deal.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

What part of So Cal are u from? I think the best deal here in So Cal is $8200 and it was in the LA area, I could be wrong though. I bought mine at Chaparral for $8500 OTD, they have a couple in stock last time I was there.

Welcome kysager, I live in Palm Springs and got my bike from Palm Springs Motorsports.  They are a Yamaha/KTM dealer and only charged me their cost for assembly and delivery which saved me about $1000 compared to other dealerships around Riverside, LA etc.  Let them know Levi sent you and they may even give you a better deal.
Hey Crazy... Ya I have seen that place. Also saw they were a new shop and probably need the business... so they are on my list to check out for sure! I like to support small businesses and local places. I prefer places that treat me well instead of acting like I get the privilege of shopping at their store (cough cough temecula motorsports) haha. Any way thanks again!

What part of So Cal are u from? I think the best deal here in So Cal is $8200 and it was in the LA area, I could be wrong though. I bought mine at Chaparral for $8500 OTD, they have a couple in stock last time I was there.
I am in the Temecula/Murrieta area. Thanks for the info. Chaparral is on my list to check out. Thanks!

• Global Moderator

Hey kysager, great to have you on board! You are going to love owning a Yamaha after a Duke. The maintenance schedule and build quality alone will surprise you in a positive way.

Welcome kysager, I think I just responded to your YouTube comment. I'm "fz07 owner" with the two brothers exhaust. I bought mine from a small dealer, lebard and underwood is the name. Paid 8500 OTD back in June.

Got mine from AV Yamaha/Kawasaki in Lancaster which is a few miles north of Palmdale.  and it was $7700 OTD which was the best price I've seen in So. Cal.  To think Bert's megamall was trying to get $9k OTD for theirs.... no thanks... I'll drive the extra hour if I have to to get the deal that I got....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

Welcome kysager, I think I just responded to your YouTube comment. I'm "fz07 owner" with the two brothers exhaust. I bought mine from a small dealer, lebard and underwood is the name. Paid 8500 OTD back in June.
Oh haha... Cool thanks for the reply! Small world

Hey kysager, great to have you on board! You are going to love owning a Yamaha after a Duke. The maintenance schedule and build quality alone will surprise you in a positive way.
Yes I am looking forward to it. Just having a hard time selling this stinker thing!!

Got mine from AV Yamaha/Kawasaki in Lancaster which is a few miles north of Palmdale.  and it was $7700 OTD which was the best price I've seen in So. Cal.  To think Bert's megamall was trying to get $9k OTD for theirs.... no thanks... I'll drive the extra hour if I have to to get the deal that I got....
Dang for that price I might go out to lancaster. Couple of hours away but gives me a good ride home haha.

Dang for that price I might go out to lancaster. Couple of hours away but gives me a good ride home haha.
definitely worth the drive up... ask for James... he's the one that hooked me up... last time I checked, they had a white FZ still available in their palmdale store which is a good 20 mins before the lancaster one.....  Let me know when you get it and I can ride with you on the way back down... I'm in Santa Clarita so it's a good ride thru sierra hway and soledad canyon....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Hey Crazy... Ya I have seen that place. Also saw they were a new shop and probably need the business... so they are on my list to check out for sure! I like to support small businesses and local places. I prefer places that treat me well instead of acting like I get the privilege of shopping at their store (cough cough temecula motorsports) haha. Any way thanks again!
Yea man, for sure, they are in the summer lull here and just opened.  The service is excellent and they do need the business.  Hit me up if you're serious about buying there.  I'll meet ya there not too far from my place.  Let me know when you're up for a ride, you're closer to me than anyone else so far.  I took a ride from HWY 74, 371, to 79 to the 8 then the 125 & 805 down to San Ysidro this Monday.  It was a long a$$ ride but man were there some great twisties.  Temecula is a whole lot closer lol and I can take the 74 all the way to you.

Yea man, for sure, they are in the summer lull here and just opened.  The service is excellent and they do need the business.  Hit me up if you're serious about buying there.  I'll meet ya there not too far from my place.  Let me know when you're up for a ride, you're closer to me than anyone else so far.  I took a ride from HWY 74, 371, to 79 to the 8 then the 125 & 805 down to San Ysidro this Monday.  It was a long a$$ ride but man were there some great twisties.  Temecula is a whole lot closer lol and I can take the 74 all the way to you.
Sounds good man. As soon as I get my KTM sold I will be buying ASAP

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Sounds good man. As soon as I get my KTM sold I will be buying ASAP
Why don't you just trade it in at the dealership?  These guys will give fair price for it.

Why don't you just trade it in at the dealership?  These guys will give fair price for it.
I don't want to loose $1000 bucks because of my impatience. Better just to wait a little longer and get what I want for it. It will also mean the difference of being able to afford an exhaust system and not being able to afford one. 

Archived