The MT-07 Forum

Custom fz07 exhaust

tazdevil81

Hello all, tazdevil81 here! I recently did an exhaust mod that some of you might think its a good alternative to buying systems that cost 4-800 dollars. Recently I bought a Chinese slip on, spent all day cutting the factory cat off and welded on the slip on. All together I spent 146 dollars on the install and exhaust.

Here is the video:

can you put a link to where you got the can ? i quite like it :)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen

Hey man thanks for the reply on YouTube , I'm gonna order mine in a week or so and get me one on my bike. Glad it worked out for you, do you use a Air/fuel modifier like an Ejk or PCV? Have you noticed a performance difference between your custom rig and the stock exhaust?

What's up copious! I don't have air fuel mods on right now just the slip on. I haven't really noticed a drastic change in performance, let's just say its a lot easier to pop wheelies at 2k rpm now. To my surprise, I haven't had any backfiring from this setup either. One of the biggest speed bumps in this whole installation process was the welding and fitting the exhaust bracket to the bike. Once you cut the factory exhaust after the 02 sensor, you will find that the width of the slip on is a lot smaller than the cut off point on the factory exhaust. Basically we had to fit the slip on inside of the cutoff point and weld all the way around it. I can't say it was an easy installation but if you like to create things and see the reward from your work, this may be fun for you like it was for me.

Hey man thanks for the reply on YouTube , I'm gonna order mine in a week or so and get me one on my bike. Glad it worked out for you, do you use a Air/fuel modifier like an Ejk or PCV? Have you noticed a performance difference between your custom rig and the stock exhaust?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks/sounds mean! I'm curious if there's any loss of torque or gain in hp in the upper range. Either way, that's cheap as hell for how it turned out.

Archived