The MT-07 Forum

New Member in DE

BicycleBoy

Hello,

I do not own an FZ-07 yet but decided to join since it appears that I may be purchasing one at some point by next spring. At this point, I am still in "research mode" and am looking forward to absorbing as much info as possible.  It seems like I have been riding forever, alright since 1979, and currently own a 2010 BMW F800ST.  Really great bike and I have logged close to 112,000 miles on her during the past 4 1/2 yrs. She is still running strong but I am considering the FZ-07 as a stable mate.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. There is already a lot of good information here and if you cannot find something please feel free to ask. You sure do a lot of riding. I am sure you can also help out with non FZ-07 specific questions if you are so inclined.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome bicycleboy! Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hi bicycleboy, you've come to the right place. Ask away, we are here to help you!

• Premium Member

Impressive riding log! Any road trips?

If you decide to go with the FZ-07, you assuredly won't be disappointed. Welcome aboard.

Everything went braap.

Holy miles batman. I was considering the bmw g 650 gs, but decided on the FZ-07. Im so glad I did. The guys at the BMW dealership in Vancouver were 100% unprofessional. I loook younger than I am, I went in there looking to buy a bike. and no one would help, they helped 3 sets of people that came in after me, and i was begging to spend money. I left and started reconsidering my options. A few weeks later the FZ-07 dropped, and I couldnt have been happier. I saved money, have a better maintenance schedule, and a hotter looking bike. I guess I should Thank the chaps at BMW for being such ignorant D-BAGS. anyways, Im done ranting now. Hopefully you do pick the FZ-07 UP.

Anything with a motor

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I am truly appreciative for this forum. I am definitely getting my share of info. between this site and youtube vids.

@ mjh937: I will be more than happy to offer my .02¢ where applicable. The sharing of information is essential for everyone involved.

@ nmucat et al: Agreed 112,000+ miles may seem excessive; but in my defense ......... its more fun than a car! Seriously though, I do have an SUV and a small hatchback, I just prefer the bike. I try to ride year round, unless there is snow on the ground. As per my mileage logs: 2010 = 16,508 miles. 2011 = 15,198. 2012 = 34,759. 2013 = 29,157. Current year = 17,469 to date. Heated gear is essential here in the northeast, keeps me warm and toasty in the winter.

@ hobbs: No road trips.. just commutes, pleasure rides w/wifey, runs to the store (I love AutoZone. Ok Walmart too), mall, movies, haircuts, etc.

@ dbux: Sorry to hear about your experience at the BMW dealership. I can relate, I set up an appointment to test ride an F800ST at a dealer south of where I live. I arrived 20 minutes early and provided my info. to the salesman. Then I proceeded to wait, and wait and wait....... I finally went to the sales manager 45 minutes later and voice my displeasure. A few insincere apologies were given, however I took my business elsewhere nevertheless. I ended up purchasing my bike the following weekend at a dealership 90 minutes north from where I live. Much better experience, and nicer staff to boot. I did consider the G650GS as the stablemate, but as you know, the FZ-07 offers more bang for the buck.

That's all for now..... Stay safe everyone!

Archived