Sign in to follow this  
mattbeau

Squirrel!

mattbeau
Winter in Quebec is cold, boring and we received an new 4-5 inches of snow last night. So, to change my mind, I want to share a little something funny (or not). I don't know if something like that already happened to one of you, but it seems that the air filter is a good place for squirrel to hide food for winter...

I saw this when removing battery few weeks ago... Hope to see if I will have a new surprise when replacing it this spring!!

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

• Like 1

johnakay
glad we don't have that problem.lol

motomeek
WHOA LOL

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

peteinpa
That would be a mouse not a squirrel. Anytime your bike doesn't run right or even start, suspect rodent action. Where did he get all the pumpkin seeds?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

qldnat
There was a post on here before about the same issue. Anyone remember that?
  • Like 1

Cruizin
There was a post on here before about the same issue. Anyone remember that?

cant fid it now, but there have been numerous posts about this every winter since I created this forum, lol. Damn critters!

• Like 1

Mr.Puss
I dont have rodents near my bike but just in case.....After I removed the snorkel (and threw in a K&N), I stripped the mesh from the stock filter and used it as a barrier screen under the plastic plate.
  • Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

sorkyah
Happens every year.
Down here in phoenix we dknt have that issue, but i still have a small guard over the filter for when im in LA and the squirrels, chipmunks, and mice/rats are abound
This is very similar to what i have

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Beemer
Nuts are high in protein and an good source of fuel. Throw some raisins in there too. 8-|

• Like 2

Beemer

ducttapewd40
One of the reasons I don't kill the snakes on my property. I like to think of them as little guardians of my house and garage from rodents.
  • Like 2

sorkyah
One of the reasons I don't kill the snakes on my property. I like to think of them as little guardians of my house and garage from rodents.

But the snakes taste soo goood

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

madcofz
Ha!  I found the exact same thing here in Illinois!  A mouse raided my bird seed and filled my air cleaner.  It must be a hot spot for rodents. I plug up my exhaust in the winter, but I think I'll put some traps under the bike too!
  • Like 1

ducttapewd40
But the snakes taste soo goood
I do accidentally hit them with the lawn mower once in a while.  Next time I'll throw it on the grill.
  • Like 1