The MT-07 Forum

Squirrel!

mattbeau

Winter in Quebec is cold, boring and we received an new 4-5 inches of snow last night. So, to change my mind, I want to share a little something funny (or not). I don't know if something like that already happened to one of you, but it seems that the air filter is a good place for squirrel to hide food for winter...

I saw this when removing battery few weeks ago... Hope to see if I will have a new surprise when replacing it this spring!!

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

• Premium Member

WHOA LOL

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

That would be a mouse not a squirrel. Anytime your bike doesn't run right or even start, suspect rodent action. Where did he get all the pumpkin seeds?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

I dont have rodents near my bike but just in case.....After I removed the snorkel (and threw in a K&N), I stripped the mesh from the stock filter and used it as a barrier screen under the plastic plate.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Happens every year.
Down here in phoenix we dknt have that issue, but i still have a small guard over the filter for when im in LA and the squirrels, chipmunks, and mice/rats are abound
This is very similar to what i have

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

One of the reasons I don't kill the snakes on my property. I like to think of them as little guardians of my house and garage from rodents.

• Global Moderator
One of the reasons I don't kill the snakes on my property. I like to think of them as little guardians of my house and garage from rodents.

But the snakes taste soo goood

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Ha!  I found the exact same thing here in Illinois!  A mouse raided my bird seed and filled my air cleaner.  It must be a hot spot for rodents. I plug up my exhaust in the winter, but I think I'll put some traps under the bike too!

But the snakes taste soo goood
I do accidentally hit them with the lawn mower once in a while.  Next time I'll throw it on the grill.

Archived