The MT-07 Forum

current order status

pattonme

I'm going to post a universal post here while I get a chance to address PMs.

My day-job is killing me the last couple weeks (36hr straight yesterday) and 95hrs last week. I have another ~8 donor fork sets but they have to be disassembled and cleaned before I can use them. The pistons I ordered over a month ago were supposed to arrive last week and instead have been delayed till next week. I've had to re-machine all of the custom hollow bolts that a commercial shop made for me wrong, now twice.

So please accept my apology for the lousy turn-around. I will be doing my best to get back on schedule.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Man, those are some hours...I hope you are at lease making some bank for that time spent! You'er in the tech sector right? If so I feel you on the hours.
Appreciate the update and my FZ can wait a little longer until you can get some time back.

Yeah, IT. I single-handedly run a XX million dollar information system with 60+ clients as well as the SME on all things Amazon Web Services as some (useless) contractors try to port the environment over to EC2. I did more in 50 hrs then one of the (now gone) contractor did in 5 freaking weeks.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Yeah, IT. I single-handedly run a XX million dollar information system with 60+ clients as well as the SME on all things Amazon Web Services as some (useless) contractors try to port the environment over to EC2. I did more in 50 hrs then one of the (now gone) contractor did in 5 freaking weeks.
Don't get me started on contractors....I have fixed my fair share of their screw ups in jobs past. IT as well for me, solo guy for the site in OR(everything from printer setup to clustered VM hosts and in-between).  
I hope you get some time back man! I love this line of work but man, it can eat up your free time!

Hi;
 All work and no play will killl you off.
Better figure out how to change things a bit.
Too much work..
                valvestem
                     Take care

I got my order from ya, the hyper pro rear shock looks awesome... unfortunately it's just to freaking cold here for me to tell ya how it rides yet lol.

This latest round of "hell" is supposed to come to an end at 2am with a successful software deployment. We'll see, but as insurance I've cornered the market on rabbit feet, holy water, and a pinch of salt blessed by a buddist monk. Now I just need a ritual sacrifice of a goat or something.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 1 month later...
Matt- Any update on this? I know you've been busy, but it's been 2 1/2 months ....

A lot of industries do system updates this time of year. For Matt's sake, I hope he is building out a team to rely on to reduce those incredibly demanding schedules he mentioned.

I hear ya! It's coming up on the three year mark and I haven't had one weekend off and only three days vacation. That's no exaggeration. I'm on call 24/7. I may get lucky in May and get a week off.

Beemer

• Premium Member
I hear ya! It's coming up on the three year mark and I haven't had one weekend off and only three days vacation. That's no exaggeration. I'm on call 24/7. I may get lucky in May and get a week off.
May get lucky in May?! Geezus Beemer.... thats no way to live.  I hope you're banking for an early retirement working a schedule like this.   

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

May get lucky in May?! Geezus Beemer.... thats no way to live.  I hope you're banking for an early retirement working a schedule like this. 
I wish I could retire early but what I'm doing is I'm being a care giver for my mother and her significant other that has dementia (stress x 10) and no relief staff in sight. As it turns out my mom broke her left leg for the 2nd time within a year on Tuesday (she's doing alright, God bless her) so I think it's time she lives somewhere that can give her the professional help she needs. I may be going back to a regular job, hopefully with 401K, sooner than I thought. Thanks for the concern, you're one of the good ones. 

Beemer

@pattonme

I hope all is well on your side and I know you probably have a metric ton of retro fit kits to do but I need to see about a status update on mine,I sent you a pm but not sure if you got it or not. PM me back or feel free to shoot me a call (number is in PM).

I apologize for the quiet. we lost power and internet for 3 days last week and I just got discharged from the hospital a couple hours ago. I had a very bad LAD coronary blockage (what they call the widow maker) and they had to stent the blood vessel. At least I didn't have to get bypass surgery.

@reboot I'll be doing my utmost to get yours shipped by friday.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I apologize for the quiet. we lost power and internet for 3 days last week and I just got discharged from the hospital a couple hours ago. I had a very bad LAD coronary blockage (what they call the widow maker) and they had to stent the blood vessel. At least I didn't have to get bypass surgery.  
@reboot I'll be doing my utmost to get yours shipped by friday.

Damn that's pretty major glad you are ok and doing well! Anything comes up you got my number.

@pattonme
Glad you're ok and sorry to hear about the misfortunes.

Please also keep the rest of us from the cartridge group order updated as well

Cheers

• Premium Member

wow. glad you're alright. 

Wow, glad you Ok Matt, hoping for a quick recovery.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• 3 weeks later...

seems I can't catch a break. was back in the ER Easter morning for apparently kidney stones - probably a side-effect of one of the meds. I got a few more items out the door though...

703-951-3823 is my cell so don't hesitate to call.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived