The MT-07 Forum

AFR+ in Conjunction with EJK

philthyphil

I've got some dough set aside for an exhaust system for my FZ 07 which I've just been sitting on mostly because I can't make up my mind on which exact type of system to go with. I'm heavily leaning towards one of the Stage 1 Kits from Dobeck Performance mostly because that option is a one stop shop and includes everything that I should need. I see that the Stage 1 kits come with an EJK and an exhaust system of choice from several varying options and prices. They each also have the option to add another module on top of the EJK called the AFR+ for an extra $150. Apparently this offers more fine tuning of the fuel/air mixture via an after market 02 sensor, a gauge and another module. I can't find any info online of anyone using the EJK in conjunction with this AFR+. Do any of you all have any experience with the AFR+? Is this something that can be used with the EJK, or is it like an either/or kind of thing? Any info about the AFR+ would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I've found some info on another motorcycle forum and if I'm not mistaken the AFR+ would be an alternative to the EJK. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting things. 

Basically the AFR+ is EJK's next gen. The EJK is manually set whereas the AFR+ is an EJK that has an O2 sensor which checks for the air to fuel ratio (AFR) in real time and automatically makes any adjustments needed. My opinion is if you're not a hardcore mod-junkie and you just want something to make your bike run better with your new exhaust, just get the basic EJK. Since you're also getting the exhaust from dobeck I'm guessing there are already settings available for that specific exhaust from dobeck. Just check the link below.

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Sportbike/viewproduct.asp?partnumber=8120147

Basically the AFR+ is EJK's next gen. The EJK is manually set whereas the AFR+ is an EJK that has an O2 sensor which checks for the air to fuel ratio (AFR) in real time and automatically makes any adjustments needed. My opinion is if you're not a hardcore mod-junkie and you just want something to make your bike run better with your new exhaust, just get the basic EJK. Since you're also getting the exhaust from dobeck I'm guessing there are already settings available for that specific exhaust from dobeck. Just check the link below. 

Thank you!

Thank you!

And dobeck is a vendor on here so be sure to mention to them that you are a member. And tell Dillon that Rob says hello! They are a great company, the actual inventors of the dynojet dyno.

Thank you!
And dobeck is a vendor on here so be sure to mention to them that you are a member. And tell Dillon that Rob says hello! They are a great company, the actual inventors of the dynojet dyno.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

If you have an EJK already you can either sell the EJK then buy and AFR+, or You can search online for a digital or analog wideband ARF gauge with an O2 sensor and just hook that up to your exhaust and use that as your reference.

I bought one of these when I ran into problems tuning my CRF450R supermoto and setting it up for the street. I kept getting really bad surging at a constant throttle. Come to find out my AFR's were extremely rich. I'm talking in the 10:1 range. Once I put the wideband 02 on the bike I was able to tune the carb on that bike to run at a consistent 13.5:1 AFR through out the throttle range all problems were solved and my fuel mileage was greatly increased. The only downside is you have to glance down at the gauge while riding to see what the AFR's are doing. Unless you chest rig a Go Pro to record the gauge while you ride. The auto tuning route like the PCV autotune or the EJK module you mentioned will most likely data log your AFR's as you ride or you can preset a target AFR and the module will make fuel adjustments automatically as you ride.

You will also have to have the bungs tig welded on the exhaust and if you have a titanium exhaust you'll need a titanium bung and find a good welder that can weld titanium. I Tig welded mine because the exhaust on my CRF is stainless and it came out great. I also purged the inside of the exhaust with argon so I didn't get the crusties on the inside of the exhaust. You also cannot tig weld titanium to stainless it will just fall apart everytime.

Here's the link to the stand alone wideband 02 gauge I have.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4110

Archived